Why they Pay Me the Big Bucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
It was my test sample. Before anyone asks, the FedEx boxes that were left behind were for some local people (beta testers, app developers, etc).

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I argee with James other than the buying part. I've got two, which is enough, that I'm very happy with.

It's probably also worth noting there has been only one firmware update, so the beta testers must have done what was expected of them. There have been some additional "Lilly-gilding" suggestions, but nothing for functional necessity purposes.

There are very few people posting dislikes about their scanners, so the silence speaks volumes.

On the headphones, any manufacturer can have bad components infect the production process. GM has a big recall issue going on now, Ford had their tire issue. It just happens. The important thing is will the manufacturer address it right away, which is what Uniden did.

Upman - were the beta versions similar in appearance to the production versions? If not, do you have some pictures of the beta versions that can be posted? Might be interesting to see what changed.

pinballwiz86

Premium Subscriber
I'd like to be a Beta tester for the next Uniden scanner. Hit me up Paul, don't be like that. lol.

Nice video by the way. It sure took a long time to pack all those scanners to ship! I bet your back hurt from being hunched over like that.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
The only appearance difference was that the SYSTEM/DEPT/CHANNEL buttons were white print on black button (now black print on white button).

All that unpacking/sorting/repacking occurred before my ruptured disks. Would have used the conference room table and not the floor, today.

phillydjdan

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.0.4; LG-MS870 Build/IMM76L) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/34.0.1847.114 Mobile Safari/537.36)

LIScanner101 said:
"Massively uninformed"...

The irony is just too much to bear.

LOL I noticed that myself but didn't wanna be the one to say it

One13Truck

Feed Provider
Keep that up, Paul, and you'll be a 1 man company doing everything on your own from beginning to end. Great video. And I too am very envious of those beta testers. That's a list I'd love to be on as well. LOL

phillydjdan

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.0.4; LG-MS870 Build/IMM76L) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/34.0.1847.114 Mobile Safari/537.36)

One13Truck said:
Keep that up, Paul, and you'll be a 1 man company doing everything on your own from beginning to end. Great video. And I too am very envious of those beta testers. That's a list I'd love to be on as well. LOL

Yeah, because they did SUCH a great job with the kinks on the HP series...

kellykeeton

And James, go ahead and hold your breath for that PM to come... meanwhile I will sell it for $550 all day long elsewhere...

So you hate the product? You didn't return it at time of purchase.

But you understand that it will sell for near market value "all day long" your logic confuses me.

phillydjdan

Because returning it would involve an hour and a half drive. Snappin a few pics and posting an ad on eBay is much easier. I did put it to use running one of my feeds, so it wasn't a COMPLETE waste, but it certainly is for any system using LSM

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Because returning it would involve an hour and a half drive. Snappin a few pics and posting an ad on eBay is much easier. I did put it to use running one of my feeds, so it wasn't a COMPLETE waste, but it certainly is for any system using LSM

Maybe any system where YOU are. Mine works quite well on the 8 simulcast sites in my area (total of about 70 subsites). And 5 of those are almost exclusively P2 TDMA.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
All scanner models and all firmware updates go through beta testing (one is being tested even as I type this).

kellykeeton

Thanks

I wonder why no one test the micro Sd card holder on the BCD436HP.

And how do you suggest they would test such a device?

Seeing as hundreds of cell phones the world around use them successfully

Seeing as mine works perfectly fine

Also seeing that all stores are sold out of the unit right now. And since the product is currently sold out at stores. I would suggest that it's performing perfectly.

garys

Premium Subscriber
I don't know if the radio is performs "perfectly" but so far I don't have any complaints with how it's worked. The SD card is pretty easy to get out, if that's necessary. There's even a You Tube video that explains it all.

Unlike the PSR800 that I had for a month or so last year, I haven't had the card corrupt once yet.

Of course it will do that while I'm on an out of town trip this weekend! :lol:

I like this radio a lot. Enough that I'll probably move up my plan to buy a 536 for my truck.

And how do you suggest they would test such a device?

Seeing as hundreds of cell phones the world around use them successfully

Seeing as mine works perfectly fine

Also seeing that all stores are sold out of the unit right now. And since the product is currently sold out at stores. I would suggest that it's performing perfectly.

y84media

Paul,
I'm curious what you require in a potential beta tester. Do they need to be someone in the hobby, a Ham, or do you go straight for someone who is an engineer that has test equipment to verify what's going on with the unit.

Just curious, just seems that there are some people on this forum that are more serious than the average listener. Maybe they should be testers as well, especially those that have come to the table with hard data to back up others' complaints.

LiquidPandora

ALL THE SD CARD ISSUES are Caused by the End User! not Uniden Equipment...

I don't know if the radio is performs "perfectly" but so far I don't have any complaints with how it's worked. The SD card is pretty easy to get out, if that's necessary. There's even a You Tube video that explains it all.

Unlike the PSR800 that I had for a month or so last year, I haven't had the card corrupt once yet.

Of course it will do that while I'm on an out of town trip this weekend! :lol:

I like this radio a lot. Enough that I'll probably move up my plan to buy a 536 for my truck.

It's the Self Appointed EXPERTS of EVerything about there world of computers Etc.. that Screw up there SD Cards... You could not tell them any different f you wanted to or could prove it.. they take it in and out a Bazillion time changing and formatting and all kinds of Ridiculous stuff and CRASH BANG BOOM... NO MORE WORKIE !... At this point ALWAYS they did Nothing wrong, they NEVER DO!.. thats how These kinds of Experts are... It's the Equipments fault!... WA WA WA !!!... I Messed one up like that doing exactly that to see if it would die.. it did.. Use the Recommended SD Card Formatter,,, Recommended by Uniden And do not use WIndows to do it.... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.