Why this database and Homepatrol scanners suck (in my opinion)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astrogoth13

The method of frequency submission here is FAR too involved and therefore the most interesting things never get included in the database. That makes those of us with Homepatrol scanners out of luck and bored to tears knowing there's more to hear yet unable to hear it.

The problem seems to not be technical but social and no amount of our complaining will solve that. It's a shame because this could have been a neat setup. As it is it looks like just another internet company doomed to fail and take our scanners with it.

kma371

QRT
The method of frequency submission here is FAR too involved and therefore the most interesting things never get included in the database. That makes those of us with Homepatrol scanners out of luck and bored to tears knowing there's more to hear yet unable to hear it.

The problem seems to not be technical but social and no amount of our complaining will solve that. It's a shame because this could have been a neat setup. As it is it looks like just another internet company doomed to fail and take our scanners with it.

Well, since we are a user based database, if you want something in it, you need to submit it. Can't really complain if you arent willing to submit the things you say are missing. And this website is over 17 years old so if it was a failing website don't you think it would have failed by now? Give me a break.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
The method of frequency submission here is FAR too involved and therefore the most interesting things never get included in the database.

Maybe you could explain your frustration? I've submitted new frequencies as well as corrections to database entries and didn't have any issues with it. I'm not understanding what the difficulty is. Maybe we can assist you?

That makes those of us with Homepatrol scanners out of luck and bored to tears knowing there's more to hear yet unable to hear it.

The database here isn't the only source of frequency information. Surfing over on the FCC website you can easily access their license database. Doing something simple like entering in a 10 mile radius around your home will show all the licenses in that area. You'll find a lot of interesting stuff that way.

It takes a little work, and it's not a canned solution, but it works very well.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
That makes those of us with Homepatrol scanners out of luck and bored to tears knowing there's more to hear yet unable to hear it.

You do realize that with a little research on your own, you can program your Home Patrol with any frequencies you want without having to rely on the database at all?

Or do you just want others to spoon feed you the information?

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ

so are you not capable of programming in what you want to hear?

"I do not feed the trolls, and neither should you." lol ok. This will be my only post in this thread...

marksmith

Strange complaint.
Either learn to program it yourself or submit the stuff you claim to be missing.

... or... just log into a forum and complain about everything.

The latter, of course will get you nowhere.

Mark
536/436/WS1095/HP1/HP2/996T/996XT/996P2/396XT/325P2/PSR800/15X/others

clbsquared

Yet another person that wants instant gratification without having to do any work to achieve their desired results. If YOU.....SEARCH....for it, YOU can find it.

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
Strange complaint.
Either learn to program it yourself or submit the stuff you claim to be missing.

... or... just log into a forum and complain about everything.

The latter, of course will get you nowhere.

Mark
536/436/WS1095/HP1/HP2/996T/996XT/996P2/396XT/325P2/PSR800/15X/others

Hear, hear!

KC4RAF

Davenport,Fl.- home to me and the gators and the s
'kayn1...' spot on again. If some one has a beef with the data base, then THEY should find and inter the data. To just complain and do nothing is uncalled for.
Also as 'clbsquared' posted, "...instant gratification without having to do any work to achieve their desired results.", as this applies to women, also to databases!

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
If he is missing frequencies. How can he added them if he doesn't know them...how can we help you

As mentioned in previous posts, he can easily search the licensing system at the FCC database for any frequencies he wishes to discover or program into his scanner, but it's obvious from his rant that he wants someone else to do the work for him.

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
The method of frequency submission here is FAR too involved and therefore the most interesting things never get included in the database...

Be more specific. Because it takes less than two minutes to enter most submissions. I don't understand the problem.

rwier

Long ago, I read in a war novel that 98% of the WW2 fighter pilot kills (for any country) were made by 2% of the pilots. I imagine that DB updates and corrections have a similar statistic. I personally want to thank that small cadre of members upon whose work the great number of subscribers depend.

KC5AJP

Premium Subscriber
I've been searching for about a week trying to identify new frequencies in my area. I've identified a few and have determined others are trunked systems which I will attempt to decode. I have a lot of refineries in my area and DMR/Trbo is very abundant. Submissions to come soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Colin9690

Delaware County, OH
Premium Subscriber
Be more specific. Because it takes less than two minutes to enter most submissions. I don't understand the problem.

Don't even bother with this clown, can't fix stupid. He probably just wants info spoonfed to him, letting others do the legwork for him, like others have pointed out. He hasn't even posted in this thread other than merely creating it.

Status
Not open for further replies.