Why were the federal freqs removed for Austin/Travis county?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
If you look through the database in other states, this seems to be the trend. Federal frequencies are being listed under statewide information rather than a particular city or county. Federal operations tend to cover more area than a particular city or county, so this does make more sense.

wowologist

Certifiable
I thought 99% of Fed LEO -official traffic was either PTT over IP or just straight encrypted by policy....did something change..is their actually something to monitor nowadays? ...down the street the other day I watched an FBI evidence team locust a house and it appeared their sups were all using the Icom IC-SAT100.

ecps92

YMMV as to ENC, but yes, Plenty to monitor in "SOME" Areas - with actual Surv ops in the CLR
over VHF/UHF local [non State/Local Trunks]

I thought 99% of Fed LEO -official traffic was either PTT over IP or just straight encrypted by policy....did something change..is their actually something to monitor nowadays? ...down the street the other day I watched an FBI evidence team locust a house and it appeared their sups were all using the Icom IC-SAT100.

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
Austin is first on the list to be changed would be my guess.. :unsure:
Dallas
Harris
I'd imagine that changes will inevitebly come to the rest when the DB Admin has time to move them all to the state listed page that is growing..

thelongfellow

Moving to the state page makes sense. Thanks for the info guys!

I've noticed that the feds around here are bad with flipping the encryption switch. :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.