Why won;t this license show in the state/freq search?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wbloss

Human
Database Admin

RBMTS

The RR DB will only show information that is contributed by users (such as yourself) for frequencies or systems that have been personally monitored and verified. So now that you know the FCC information hopefully you have monitored actual communications. Please be kind and "submit" the information to the DB as to what frequencies you heard, if they are a repeater or a trunked system, and all relevant information (PL or digital type, trunked sys info, input, etc). One of the DB administrators will be happy to load up the information into the system.

Thank you for your contribution.

nd5y

Strange. If you put in the callsign it shows up.

I have seen something that might be related.
Some regular average normal Part 90 licenses (with a physical location in a county as opposed to mobile/itinerant operation in an area with no state or county listed) appear to be "broken" or have bad data from the FCC or something and will not show up on RR for some reason.
This is not the same as paging and other services that aren't included in RR FCC data.

Search for WQQU444 on RR then on the ULS web site.

I pointed this out years ago when the license was issued but the problem was never fixed.

Last edited:

wbloss

Human
Database Admin
The RR DB will only show information that is contributed by users (such as yourself) for frequencies or systems that have been personally monitored and verified. So now that you know the FCC information hopefully you have monitored actual communications. Please be kind and "submit" the information to the DB as to what frequencies you heard, if they are a repeater or a trunked system, and all relevant information (PL or digital type, trunked sys info, input, etc). One of the DB administrators will be happy to load up the information into the system.

Thank you for your contribution.
You missed my point. The FCC database appears to be loaded into the SEARCH function. I use it often and have submitted over 500 times. The RR database by state and county IS made up of user submissions.
WHY does this license NOT show up in a search?

RBMTS

I misunderstood. Since this was posted in the "Database" forum, I thought you were asking why it wasn't listed in the RR DB. I didn't realize that you were referring to an FCC DB search via RR. That I can't answer for you.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I have attempted to locate a license for a quarry/rock hauler on 153.68 near me in Joplin, Mo for a few years. I have made the standard search in RR limited to MO or KS and the frequency. Have never found it.
@daddyjohn came across this license not using the RR search function, and finally, I have an ID!
Why does this license not show in RR: ULS License - Industrial/Business Pool, Conventional License - WRBP474 - ILC RESOURCES
thanks
w

It does (or will eventually when the DB gets updated for that county). Why wasn't it showing up? Because, prior to an FCC license modification of WRBP474 filed on 7//22/2020 and granted 8/19/2020, there was no 153.68 on the license at all.

Here is the FCC entry for the license modification request filed on 7/22/2020 (adding 153.68)

So prior to 8/19/2020, the FCC data that RR uses would never have had 153.68 on it, and thus 153.68 would not return the result you were looking for when you searched by frequency. And, now you will have to wait until that county's FCC data is updated and applied by the RR automated processes (I don't know how often that happens).

Mike

Last edited:

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Nope not showing when I do a search in Mo
View attachment 90382

Wally,

I told you why. You have to wait for RR to update their records from the FCC. I don't think that happens every day -- perhaps once a week, or maybe different policies by county.

My point is that up until 8/19/2020 (fives days ago), 153.68 didn't even exist on the license. That's not RR's fault, that's the agenciy's fault if they were using that frequency for a long time and never bothered to license it with the FCC.

And, now you will have to wait until that county's FCC data is updated and applied by the RR automated processes (I don't know how often that happens).

Mike

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
It’s been posted many times before.
The RR FCC database is updated every Thursday morning.
So check again Thursday morning.

Nice to know. The point I was actually making was that the agency did not have 153.68 licensed in all of the years that Wally had been trying to look it up. It only became a licensed freq for that agency when the agency modified their license within the past month. Before that, there was no 153.68 on the license.

wbloss

Human
Database Admin
I see your point - sorry to be dense. What is frustrating is they have been using 153.68 since t least 9/8/2014 when I first logged them! with the dcs 125 and gravel talk!

wbloss

Human
Database Admin
BTW @mtindor I appreciate the AE Power work - we see some of that here in MO - not immediately near me but when I travel!

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
It’s been posted many times before.
The RR FCC database is updated every Thursday morning.
So check again Thursday morning.
Well, except that the last FCC pull was done on the evening of 8/19, which was a Wednesday.

Funny, had the update taken place in the morning of Thursday the 20th, 153.68 would likely have appeared on the WRBP474 license on the RR servers, and this thread wouldn't even exist.

MtnBiker2005

Premium Subscriber
Not true GTR8000

I was talking about the regular schedule update for RR FCC database update.

if it was updated on Wednesday in the FCC database. It might not make it on the RR FCC database update on Thursday.
keep track on it each week and you will see the pattern.

this thread would still exist to talk about why it wasn’t included on the Thursday update. In some cases people might have to wait for another update done on the RR FCC database.

See this post the CEO posted.
The RR FCC database was down that day and he had to update it.
early update will happen again in the future date when the RR FCC database goes down/crashes,etc...

Last edited:

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
LOL I'm fully aware of the "regular schedule" and how it works.

Fact: the last pull from the FCC to the RRDB was done on Wednesday evening, not Thursday morning. Go look at any license and scroll down to the bottom of the page, where it clearly shows the last date and time of the pull.

I think we're done here.

MtnBiker2005

Premium Subscriber
True, that was a special update pull the CEO did because it was down the day before. It doesn’t make the automatic schedule update when it’s updated the day before,etc by the CEO.

Please email the CEO and ask him how the RR FCC database is updated.

Since you should have known the RR FCC database was down on that Tuesday. Plus the CEO gets alerted when stuff goes down.

Status
Not open for further replies.