Why won't known channel names show up in Discovery log?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoggorm

Hi,

I frequently use the Discovery feature of my 536HP. Shortly after I bought it I remember that when Discovery logged a frequency I already had saved in my Favorite List it would tell me the Channel name in the log.

This has not worked for a long time though. Now it is empty and I was wondering why and how I can fix it?

Please take a look at this Discovery run I've done today in the airband range (Please excuse me as I do not know how to insert an image on this forum... Can it be done?)

As you can see in this first screenshot of the Discovery Log Viewer I've highlighted some well-known frequencies. 124.475 is the ATIS, 118.1 and 119.95 is the Tower and Approach frequencies of the local airport. All are listed as Known, but the Channel Name is empty:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yikkvqp9fuer7dt/Screenshot 2017-08-10 20.40.52.png?dl=0

As you can see in this screenshot all three frequencies are saved in my Favorites Lists.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/adg12un4sp5omrf/Screenshot 2017-08-10 20.41.35.png?dl=0

Finally, this is a screenshot of my Discovery settings. Note that Compare DB is set to Yes:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tuu8yeoucfx56h4/Screenshot 2017-08-10 20.42.55.png?dl=0

I hope you can help me so that the Discovery List will show the Channel Name.

Thank you

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
What is the logging setting set at? All or New Only? And do you have the fav list with the channel names enabled?

Ubbe

I have similar issue with HP-1. For some reason one record always show up in discovery with it's unique name I put there myself in my favorite list but no others. I can't see any different settings between the different records. I'm not even sure if it is supposed to compare to the fav list.

Insert pictures by setting IMG inside square brackets and then the link to the picture and then /IMG inside square brackets.

/Ubbe

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Is the full database enabled to scan? Since it says compare to db, mayne that's where it gets the name? Tho Ubbe said he had a custom come up, but that's on an Hp1.

Hoggorm

No, the full database is not set to scan. The reason being that I live in Norway. Hence the Canadian and US database is not relevant to me.

yikkvqp9fu...40.52.png

Last edited:

brucebuck1010

Premium Subscriber
Try this: Menu, Discovery, Conventional (or trunking), new session (or pick existing), compare to database

Hoggorm

Try this: Menu, Discovery, Conventional (or trunking), new session (or pick existing), compare to database

This is basically the same as doing it using Sentinel. Any way it has been tested. Compare to Database is Yes, but the result is still the same.

I've also turned on Monitor Full Database, but still no Channel names appear...

Status
Not open for further replies.