Wi-Fi Video Link

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
I mentioned seeing something on Youtube that looked like it had something to do with the wi-fi on these things working.

I said then and now that I have no idea what exactly it is as its in a foreign language. French I think now that I listen for a bit.

I was asked to provide link and then someone closed the thread. So here is the link. Like I said it may be absolutely nothing but was posted just a couple weeks ago now. 9/07. I don't know anything about wi-fi or computer stuff so keep that in mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzxz0E0CoEc
1.19 into video scanner shows "Wi-Fi Setup"

It does seem to be working. Toward end it says "Searching for network" followed by "Connecting to network" and then "Connected"

The next link I'm not so sure about anymore having anything to do with Wi-fi. It was posted at same time from same person and is something on what looks like maybe a computer or phone screen. I originally thought it was connected with other video and wi-fi related but now don't know.

Here is link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mahHYpSCN3I

Then again in another one he has a scanner decoding and playing Nexedge so I don't know what's up.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
The first video looks like it is showing how to connect the scanner's WiFi dongle to something like a home wireless network. That's something that can be done now, though there isn't any subsequent functionality.

Connecting the scanner to a wireless network is one link in the chain. Another link will be to connect a smart phone using the Siren App to the wireless network. Then when these links all come together, the smart phone can remotely control the scanner. Fortunately it won't be as long as it has been for this to all come together.

Probably should mention that I'm sure the firmware for the dongle will have to be updated as part of the process of everything coming together.

I looked at the other video. The first thing I thought of was that it looked a lot like ARC 536's Virtual Control and someone was going through the programming sequence.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I think when the Siren App is released, there will be a dongle firmware update to go along with it. So I've held off doing anything with the dongle until then.

omrail

1st link is : Demonstration of Roxanne, the virtual assistant BC536HP
Episode: WiFi connection

2nd: Programming Manual 1

Status
Not open for further replies.