Wiarton Fire Tone Outs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sturgeon

Hello everyone the past two days I've been trying to record the tone outs to the Wiarton fire department at south Bruce fire 154.520. I am getting high frequency tones different than the tones which are listed on the list.

Do they change them often?

Yesterday Wiarton sent a test page at 17:55.
Today the test page was at 17:38.

I always miss the first tone. Tomorrow I'm going to just hit record for the whole hour.

Does anyone have access to this. South Bruce Fire Audio Archives

Find and download the aforementioned times and help me get the new tone outs. Or tomorrow if I get a recording can someone tell me what tones to put in? Thanks in advance

JEFF

mciupa

Database Admin
I tried the archives for both days and got a "Failed - No File Found" response.

Sturgeon

I tried the archives for both days and got a "Failed - No File Found" response.
In that case tomorrow I will monitor the channel and hit record for an hour. And I will try and record the tone on the computer. Then I will upload it here for you guys to help me get the tones. There are usually 3 different test pages that I hear.

Wiarton
Sauble
Lion's Head.

They probably all have different tones. But it's all the same frequency. If I can program them all into my Minitor, I will do it.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
No the tones should not change... If they did that would involve reprogramming pagers and such.

sudsyjkh

Hi there.

I lived in Bruce county for the first 20 years of my life, and still visit multiple times per year.

Try 153.860 in the evenings, that’s the main paging/dispatch frequency. Yes, test-times can slightly change, by a few minutes, depending how busy the Owen Sound communications centre is.

As far as live feeds, you would have better luck streaming the Saugeen Shores one, which is much closer to Wiarton/South Bruce Pen, compared to the “South Bruce” one; it’s in the municipality of South Bruce, closer to Mildmay and Teeswater, rather than the municipality of South Bruce Peninsula, not sure why, at the time of amalgamation, 2 municipalities in the same county used such similar names, but that’s where we’re at.

Sorry I can’t help with tones though.

Sturgeon

Hi there.

Try 153.860 in the evenings, that’s the main paging/dispatch frequency. Yes, test-times can slightly change, by a few minutes, depending how busy the Owen Sound communications centre is.

As far as live feeds, you would have better luck streaming the Saugeen Shores one, which is much closer to Wiarton/South Bruce Pen, compared to the “South Bruce” .

Sorry I can’t help with tones though.

The clearest out of all the fire channels is 154.5200
I live in town in Wiarton.

The half tone I recorded was 1159 Hz.
The tones are different then what's listed and that signal on 154.5200 is much stronger then 153.860

I will keep trying.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Looks like 154.520 is the main channel for the South Bruce Fire Department while 153.860 appears to be a common channel for all of Bruce County.

Sturgeon

Looks like 154.520 is the main channel for the South Bruce Fire Department while 153.860 appears to be a common channel for all of Bruce County.
Alright. I can lock into one channel every day and hit record from 4pm to 6 pm to try and steal the tone outs so I can program my Minitor.

If you were a Volunteer Firefighter in Wiarton, would your pager be set to 154.520 or would it be set to 153.860? I was under the impression that the frequency is 154.520.But there is also Tactical.

So let's start from the basics because now I'm plain confused.
Who receives the page first from the 911 dispatch? And what frequency are the final tones going to be toned out on?

gary123

If you have a Minitor 6, once you have the tones you can use the scan feature to monitor both freq for page outs.

Sturgeon

If you have a minitor 6 once you have the tones you can use the scan feature to monitor both freq for page outs.
I just have a Minitor 5. So I'm trying to constantly just keep recording to get the tones. It's a bit more work, but it's worth it.

gary123

If you have a Uniden scanner you can use the Tone Out feature to grab tones.

motomeso

Premium Subscriber
Wiarton is part of the South Bruce Peninsula Fire Department along with Sauble Beach, so 154.520 is the frequency you want.

gary123

I believe that the member is trying to get the cap codes used. This has made me take a look at my local dept and to start confirming the capcodes they use.

Sturgeon

The information I want are the pager tone outs. I do not know what is cap codes.. If cap codes are a synonym for pager tone out then yes. I want cap codes.

The frequency that Wiarton is on is listed as the following.

Bruce County EMS Pager Tone Out[edit]
Wiarton Base 712.5/907.5

Tobermory Base 787.5/727.5

Walkerton Base 697.5/757.5

Chesley Base 652.5/847.5

Kincardine Base 652.5/757.5

Port Elgin Base 652.5/802.5

I reordered a clip I can't upload it here. But the tone is significantly different then what's on the RadioReference. If someone gives me their e-mail I can send the Amr file I can't attach here.

It's 497/525 btw.

mikewazowski

Staff member
Forums Manager
The information I want are the pager tone outs. I do not know what is cap codes.. If cap codes are a synonym for pager tone out then yes. I want cap codes.

The frequency that Wiarton is on is listed as the following.

Bruce County EMS Pager Tone Out

I thought you were looking for the fire department tones? The tones you've listed are for the EMS bases which have nothing to do with the fire department. These tones would probably be heard on 149.440MHz.

And yes, you are looking for pager tones not capcodes. Capcodes are a way to describe the tones if you were to program them into a Minitor or other paging device. Once you've figured out the tones, then you can use an online calculator to come up with the capcode.

I'm afraid you're just going to have to sit on 154.520MHz with some sort of way of identifying the tone frequencies. If you do get a recording, you could upload it here and someone could probably come up with the tone frequencies for you but it looks like you've already figured out they're 497/525hz.

Sturgeon

Just looked up Motorola's cap codes. Looks like it's reed code 148, and then 149. Which is 496.8 and 524.6.

A stark difference from 712 and 907.5.

Thanks for the help for those of you who helped with explain how to get it.

mikewazowski

Staff member
Forums Manager
Just looked up Motorola's cap codes. Looks like it's reed code 148, and then 149. Which is 496.8 and 524.6.

A stark difference from 712 and 907.5.

712/907.5hz is the ambulance base paging tones for Wiarton.
496.8/524.6hz would be the fire station paging tones for Wiarton.

Sturgeon

712/907.5hz is the ambulance base paging tones for Wiarton.
496.8/524.6hz would be the fire station paging tones for Wiarton.
Ohhhh. So they never listed the tones for Wiarton. Wow what a secret. Well. If someone wants to update the wiki I can send them the test page recording. I used a sleep apnea app to listen and record all broadcasts the last 2 days. I can't upload the audio file on here.

mciupa

Database Admin
Broadcastify Archives are available if people are inclined to listen for these tones.

gary123

I looked up the tone freq seen and referred to the Batlabs page

712/907.5hz = GE tone set 712.5 (014) and 907.5 (027) and GE - C15
496.8/524.6hz = 496.8 (148) and 524.6 (149) Centracom cap code 1490

I also installed the Minitor V software. Under the general tab and in the tone system tab select: user. This will allow you to enter in any tones you found. Just assign the tones to the matching freq. 149.44 = 712.5 and 907.5 and 154.520 = 496.8 and 524.6. Selecting Probability Scan should let you monitor both services for page-outs. Remember though, that the pager is not super smart it will stop on the first active carrier even if the second freq becomes active. I WOULD NOT do this on a active duty pager.

Status
Not open for further replies.