Wichita System

Status
Not open for further replies.

pete424

Premium Subscriber
Mine are back up now. Lots of static but readable. I was getting nothing until about 10 minutes ago. If these are the back up freqs, why can I hear them when they are not entered into my scanner?

n0lqt

Mine are back up now. Lots of static but readable. I was getting nothing until about 10 minutes ago. If these are the back up freqs, why can I hear them when they are not entered into my scanner?

I don't think they really mean backup frequencies, more backup transmitters. They are licensed for a very specific set of frequencies and the Friendly Candy Company in Washington DC gets cranky when you start using someone else's frequency. They do have some backup non-trunked talkaround frequencies available to them as a failsafe mode, but I don't think things are that bad yet....

I am getting spotty traffic from the system. Signal strength on the control channel is VERY low here in Newton. The decode rate is running around 25% to 45%. I'd guess the power output from the control transmitter is about half that of the primary.....

ksduster

Weather enthusiast
Feed Provider
on another note, when i left work, we were still on back up radios... and about 715, radio shop started going through all of the channels, asking dispatchers how their signals were. and it sounds pretty good right now..

as for "back up" - as someone else previously stated, just back up repeaters, that do not put out near the power of the full system. - as for the backup systems back up, we have our repeaters.. analog, non trunked that we can utilize if needed. (which are known as west repeater (goddard), north repeater (park city), south (haysville), and east (not sure where its located), and there is one other repeater, that i believe is near down town. (not the court house repeater)
to know what the freq's are, is a different problem, because i have no idea..

Status
Not open for further replies.