Wichita UHF 440 Amateur Repeaters

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanningisfun

Does anyone know any UHF repeaters in Wichita that are actually used? The only one that I periodically hear an ID from is the WA0RJE repeater. I can't seem to find any active UHF repeaters in the area, so any information would be appreciated.

Jacob

n0lqt

The problem with keeping an "up to date" list of active ham repeaters is that by the time you get it uploaded somewhere, it is already outdated. I've seen repeaters online for a couple of weeks and then something goes ka-blooey and the repeater is down for two or three months. Even the coordinated ones seem to go on and off. I know in SC Kansas, once you get a repeater frequency coordinated, it takes an act of Congress to get it de-coordinated. There are repeaters listed as coordinated and active that haven't been on the air in years.... This is the link to their website list....

scanningisfun

The problem with keeping an "up to date" list of active ham repeaters is that by the time you get it uploaded somewhere, it is already outdated. I've seen repeaters online for a couple of weeks and then something goes ka-blooey and the repeater is down for two or three months. Even the coordinated ones seem to go on and off. I know in SC Kansas, once you get a repeater frequency coordinated, it takes an act of Congress to get it de-coordinated. There are repeaters listed as coordinated and active that haven't been on the air in years.... This is the link to their website list....

I have looked at that web site before. It seems like there would be more activity around here, but it's not the case, at least on 440. I'll live with it though.

Jacob

Status
Not open for further replies.