Wichita using Harris, Moto or?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turner101

Premium Subscriber
Hey guys for those that live in Sedgwick County, the Wichita area, or use the state system are they both Motorola systems or Harris or do they use some other type of system? Last time I was in Wichita many years ago at SCEMS they used a combination of radios including moto, harris and EFJohnson radios. Thanks !

dgruver911

Hey guys for those that live in Sedgwick County, the Wichita area, or use the state system are they both Motorola systems or Harris or do they use some other type of system? Last time I was in Wichita many years ago at SCEMS they used a combination of radios including moto, harris and EFJohnson radios. Thanks !

The Sedgwick County system was originally Cassidian, which became Airbus, which is now owned by Motorola. The repeaters are still Tait AKIK. The vast majority of their subscriber radios are Motorola but they still have a few EFJ in use. I have never seen or heard of them using any Harris equipment but they could have. I know they never used any Kenwood equipment and could not provide a Kenwood system key for their system. They have access to the state system just as we have access to theirs. Just last night they responded with Harvey County on a grass fire along I135 near the south county line and their battalion chief was on our fire channel coordinating with our Division Chief and directing his units on one of their SGCO Tac channels.

Cowley639

Premium Subscriber
I know WSU Fire uses Harris. I do quite a bit of work for WSU at Koch Arena, and I see the WSU Fire guys wearing Harris radios at events just FYI.

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber
WSU has their own Fire Dept? Doubt it.

WSU has a fire science program but the University doesn't have an in-house FD. WFD Station 10 is 1 block away from the campus, and they probably do all of the event standbys.

Status
Not open for further replies.