wichita

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgruver911

Contract was awarded to Cassidian in March, if I recall right the go-live date is early 2013. They had a meeting for agencies to look at different digital radio options a couple of weeks ago but I missed it.

On a related note watch for changes in the KSICS system in south central Kansas soon. My understanding is the reprogramming of the remaining 86x.xxxx towers is taking place this week.

tipster67

On a related note watch for changes in the KSICS system in south central Kansas soon. My understanding is the reprogramming of the remaining 86x.xxxx towers is taking place this week.

That is what I was told on Thursday. I think the quote was more like this week as the "Goal". We know how this goes :)

KAA951

Premium Subscriber
Cassidian has been aggressively lobbying Shawnee County to build their system. My understanding is that the downside is that they don't have an actual working public safety system built in the U.S. yet- Richardson, TX is supposed to be the first. Cassidian's prices are much better than /\/\, but with that comes some risk of whether they can deliver what they have promised.

Status
Not open for further replies.