Wide Band Receivers

TexScan780D

Premium Subscriber
Are there any wide band handheld receivers on the market that will receive P25 I & II, DMR, and NXDN?

TexScan780D

Premium Subscriber
The top-of-the-line Uniden scanners will receive P25 phase 1 and 2 natively, as well as DMR and NXDN with separate paid upgrades.

Check Uniden SDS100 and Uniden 436HP. There may be others.
Thank you, but I have both of those scanners. I am looking for a wide band receiver.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
The DV10 is the closest you'll get with what you specified although it doesn't do Phase-II. Also it doesn't trunk track (no wideband receivers do). I've owned one for a number of years. It has its advantages and disadvantages which I'm not going to go into detail, but feel free to check out the AOR forum for some feedback, known issues, etc

Last edited:

dlwtrunked

Premium Subscriber
I have a AR-DV1. Nice, but it cannot do trunked systems as noted. I bought it to get DMR as the ICOM, even high ends, do not.

scannersnstuff

Although they have their place, in general communications receivers make lousy scanner's. I have had numerous Alinco's.Icom Etc. The only one that still remains in my small arsenal,is the Icom ic-r2. It's good for low profile monitoring. I like to take it to the airport for "spot monitoring". The audio is puny in the air band.

jazzboypro

Premium Subscriber
I think an R30 with additional software would allow to decode the other modes. I have decoded FT8 with mine. Of course it requires a laptop/PC so it's less interesting when on the move but it can be done