Wierd UniTrunker v.23 bug - keyboard hook

Status
Not open for further replies.

bpsmicro

I was trying to figure out why Visual Studio (the app I spend most of my time in) suddenly wasn't recognizing the F3 or F4 keys. Took a bit of sleuthing to narrow down.
I'm using a utility called "Ethervane ActiveHotkeys", which can map all of the active key mappings. I set it to show active mappings of my function keys, and sure enough, F3 & F4 were globally mapped.
Further testing revealed that it's UniTrunker that's hooking them. It appears as though there's a global keyboard hook in place for those two keys (and only those two), which supersedes all other running programs.
I can't seem to find an option to turn that off, nor can I figure out what those keys are supposed to do in UT. But UT's hooking prevents *any* program from using those keys.
For now, I just won't run UT constantly. I may reinstall v.22 if I get impatient, but for now I'm just reporting this, especially in case anybody else had noticed this but hadn't yet narrowed down the cause. :)

Brad.

SCPD

QRT
I have the same problem while debugging. The program uses RegisterHotKey on F3 and F4. The plan was to use these keys for Hold. I should make these configurable to avoid this problem.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.