WiFi available yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
I am interested in setting up a 536 at home to monitor/control by Smartphone in the field. Problem is, a handheld has terrible reception in most places I am, but my home gets crystal clear reception all the time.

1: Can I listen to and control the 536 from a distant land, or must I be in direct WiFi communication with the scanner?

2: Is the app or whatever out yet, has anyone even played with this feature? Been searching for an hour now can't seem to find answers.

JamesO

1. Not 100% all the features are "clearly" outlined. Direct WiFi connection or connection to your LAN is supposed to be an option. Remote control and remote monitoring by WAN, well this I am not sure has been clearly outlined, but I may be wrong.

2. As for the App, it is delayed quite a bit at this point. Very sore subject, best to be patient as once it is available you will be reading about it here quite a bit.

Uniden has not updated the App info on their web site, the info is out of date as the target has been missed and passed.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Yeah, saw that video a few months ago........it was the part around 16:30 that confused me......looked as if the scanner was stationary and the head was mobile. :)

I will be interested to see how far the WiFi reaches.........would like to still be able to have a vehicle mounted radio with a Smartphone in my pocket. Portable reception on my 396XT is still horrible, and non existent at times!

Status
Not open for further replies.