WiFi clarification for the Uniden BCD536HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

markmci

Premium Subscriber
So I just want to be sure I have this correct. Using the WiFi on the BCD536HP can I have the base unit setup at home and be listening while I am at work via my SmartPhone? Hate to lay out the $$$ if this is not right.

Thanks in advance!

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
So I just want to be sure I have this correct. Using the WiFi on the BCD536HP can I have the base unit setup at home and be listening while I am at work via my SmartPhone? Hate to lay out the $$$ if this is not right.

Thanks in advance!
-
With Proscan, you can listen to, view, and control your base scanner from your smart phone anywhere that you have internet access. Read this document from the Proscan website:

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I think it could be the dongle, weak signal, or experiencing interference.

Uniden had two different vintages of the WiFi dongle. One may have been more problematic than the other, but I have no idea which one. I found this out because there are two different firmware versions depending on the serial number.

cg

Premium Subscriber
I had an ASUS AC3100 router and the 536 WIFI lasted around 24-36 hours before disconnecting. When the router crapped out after 4 years or so, I got an ASUS AX82U to replace it and I am a month into using it with no breaks in connection. Whatever my issue or setting error was, it appears that (for me) it was the router and not the scanner or WIFI unit.

chris

donc13

Premium Subscriber

Thanks in advance!
You have to be able to get to your home network from work.

Status
Not open for further replies.