Wifi Review on 536??? WTH?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikev10

Feed Provider
Saw this on Scanner Master this morning in the reviews for the 536.
Yeah right....... Edward you are da man! From NJ.....go figure.

Reviewer: Edward White from Jersey City, NJ United States
Uniden has added another Great scanner to their line. The Sentinel software is not that bad. The sound quality excellent, and the wifi connection makes it really easy to control the scanner when you are not close to it. Overall a good buy for the buck.

XTS3000

Well I think we take every review, past, present, and future from Edward White with a 'grain of salt'. Jeez.

kellykeeton

If you aren't aware people are paid to leave fake reviews as marketing. This appears to be one of them. Next time you see "work from home" adds in the paper this is a job you can "work from home" and do.

It's common practice for every product and retailer these days.

mharris

If you aren't aware people are paid to leave fake reviews as marketing. This appears to be one of them. Next time you see "work from home" adds in the paper this is a job you can "work from home" and do.

It's common practice for every product and retailer these days.

You know, I expected that this happens with small rip-off companies. But common marketing practice for major retailers? Uniden? I don't know the source and I'm not 100% sure this is true of Uniden but if so this is not a good situation. My level of trust in ANY company will diminish greatly with this type of nonsense.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Uniden does not do that. If we did, we certainly wouldn't be praising a feature not yet available.

Anvil

Premium Subscriber
Maybe Edward was sitting around with little to do and got an inspiration. "I think I'll troll those people over at Radio Reference and see them get all indignant and get banned."

Hulca

Uniden does not do that. If we did, we certainly wouldn't be praising a feature not yet available.

Isn't Uniden advertising a feature as available that is not available?
If I am wrong, I owe you an apology.

KA1NTG

Premium Subscriber
I'll spent my hard-earned money on a 536HP IF the app is ever released.

From Uniden.com-

Plus, the Wi-Fi feature lets you use the exclusive Uniden Siren App on your smartphone or tablet to access your scanner from anywhere in your home or vehicle+.

+App release 1Q2014.

Last edited:

durangoGreg

I see that Uniden finally updated the ad.

Now it does say "app release coming". In my mind this is much better than before and less deceptive but I think it should have said " app,wifi, and advanced features in development, future release planned".

This wording is better because it lets the customer know that there is more at stake than just an app.

LiquidPandora

I see that Uniden finally updated the ad.

Now it does say "app release coming". In my mind this is much better than before and less deceptive but I think it should have said " app,wifi, and advanced features in development, future release planned".

This wording is better because it lets the customer know that there is more at stake than just an app.

You did not say COMING SOON!.. to me if that is all that the ad says they don't have a Clue when .. amd have lost all confidence in there Product.

pepsima1

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Who cares if the app is coming anymore. It really doesn't matter and we never had it from the beginning anyways. What you don't have you will never miss. If Uniden can ever get it together then it would be in my books a bonus, but I won't hold my breath anytime soon.

I am just sitting back waiting to see Whistler's new releases.

LiquidPandora

Who cares if the app is coming anymore. It really doesn't matter and we never had it from the beginning anyways. What you don't have you will never miss. If Uniden can ever get it together then it would be in my books a bonus, but I won't hold my breath anytime soon.

I am just sitting back waiting to see Whistler's new releases.

Sure you are, so since we all know you will do as you said... you no longer need this forum since you no longer care right?.. Have a good one Kicking back...

OH BROTHER! hehehhe:roll: L8ter Pepeeeee

kellykeeton

You know, I expected that this happens with small rip-off companies. But common marketing practice for major retailers? Uniden? I don't know the source and I'm not 100% sure this is true of Uniden but if so this is not a good situation. My level of trust in ANY company will diminish greatly with this type of nonsense.
I wouldn't be that surprised. and its not like it matters, if your believe everything you read on the internet...
google "people paid to leave fake reviews"

it really dont matter at all - dont buy products because of some dumb a-s review by some monkey you dont know.

Status
Not open for further replies.