WIFI

Status
Not open for further replies.

nbdyspclk

So i followed the wifi dongle instructions to the letter,yet after new firmware scanner side,my wifi has failed too work,it shows 7,28 firmware,green light,but no connectivity nor ip grab.anyone else having this happen?

RFI-EMI-GUY

So i followed the wifi dongle instructions to the letter,yet after new firmware scanner side,my wifi has failed too work,it shows 7,28 firmware,green light,but no connectivity nor ip grab.anyone else having this happen?
Are you using the infrastructure mode?

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
what do you see when you press Menu>Wi-Fi Setup>Show Wi-Fi Information?

Was the Wi-Fi working before your firmware upgrade?

When you attempted to set up the Wi-Fi, did you do a Reset to Factory which is a "fresh start" clearing everything?

nbdyspclk

Working fine until update,tried everything yes infrastructure,after update,7.28 dongle,now dead

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
While I haven't had this to happen in Infrastructure Mode, in Access Point, sometimes after a long scanning session the dongle doesn't seem to work. However after waiting about 10 minutes, it "magically" starts working again.

Not that its any comfort to you, I've done a few scanner firmware updates. I've not seen any problems with Wi-Fi in either mode after the update.

It does seem that the firmware update triggered the issue, but something else may have also occurred at the same time (doubtful but possible).

Have you tried re-setting your router and then doing a reset to factory on the scanner, then reconnecting to the Wi-Fi? (This might be a shot in the dark, but if I was in your shoes, I'd try that.)

JamesO

DO NOT "Reset" the router. Power Cycle the router. DO NOT push the Reset button, you will be sorry!!

Resetting the router will set the router back to factory defaults and clear any configuration to include SSID, wireless password along with IP settings.

The term "Reset the router" is tossed around far too freely without any thought to what is actually happening. NEVER "Reset the router" unless you are prepared and knowledgeable about how to reconfigure the router from the ground up.

Power cycling is fine. But even if you power cycle the router, turn it off for 30 seconds and then powering it back up. EVERY device that had been handed an IP address with need to be power cycled/rebooted in order for it to reconnect to the network unless the end device has been assigned a static IP address. Once the router is power cycled it looses any record of IP addressed it has hand out to host devices.

nbdyspclk

Dongle is a dummy now,bricked,won't accept ANY IP,1st 2 lines are empty,just need to get dongle back to factory,UPman[emoji848]gratis input when you have time?

JamesO

Keep in mind, there is some bug in the Wifi firmware as I recall where you much have the radio in range of a Wifi network in order for it to populate any IP addresses.

If the radio is not in range of a Wifi network things are not fun to deal with from a few posts I remember reading.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
The only other thing that I could suggest is to a "Reset to Factory" then set the dongle up for using Access Point. Your scanner and smart phone will have to be in the same room for this to function together.

That would take the router out of the equation where your phone and scanner dongle are communicating directly.

That way you can determine whether the dongle is passing data out and accepting data in. If you do get this to work, then the issue is more on your router's end.

nbdyspclk

Shows mac and firmware,that's it,green light,no ip capture,neither infrastructure nor access point,got me a dead dongle,

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
And I would imagine you've powered down the scanner and unpluggeed/re-connected the dongle, then power the scanner back up. . .

The only other thing if I was in your shoes, I'd try is moving the scanner to another location, such as friend's house or work location. That is a long shot - but I buy powerball tickets too.

Fortunately if it comes to pass you need a replacement dongle, Uniden sells them: https://www.uniden.com/radio-scanners/scanner-accessories

Status
Not open for further replies.