Wiki administration....

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Brian, what in the heck are you talking about? Your page was quite intact, even with a couple of links that were added; no spam, no junk, nothing.

Your comment about 'no policing' the area borders on the absurd. The Wiki is designed to be a public area; it is not 'yours' exclusively. I have a feeling that you misunderstand the policies, and purpose of that area. If you don't like a link, remove it. Removing the whole list is overreacting.

73s Mike

Last edited:

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Mike,

This guy is just reacting to the fact that I removed his first blistering, vulgar post (in this forum) on this topic. If he wants to take his ball and go home, let him. He seems to think that world revolves around him. He has been the subject of discussion before among the moderators in the past and none of it was very positive.

One thing he does not realize is that once he put his data up on the Wiki page it no longer belongs to him, it belongs to us. If you think his page was okay, then revert back to it and lock the page to prevent further abuse.

Last edited:

Chrome69

Premium Subscriber
I am reacting as its suppose to be a area of infomation not a place to advertise! I am not mad that you deleted my post Lou i am Pi@@ off that you guys allow advertisments in their... Yes 2 of those 3 links are advertisers... If you botherd to check it... Yes Lou i did read all your wonderfull comments about me in the moderators area..

mciupa

Database Admin
deleted - misunderstood advertising complaint

Last edited:

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
The wiki is an open reference and can be updated by anyone. So long as no one posts blatant SPAM, and the content is on topic, then it is welcome there... links included. No one owns wiki content - it is a collective set of pages that everyone contributes to.

Brian, thank you for your contributions to the page - however if you don't want your content mingled with other information (links etc) to on topic items, then you are free to remove it.

Thanks.

Lindsay

Chrome69

Premium Subscriber
blantonl said:
The wiki is an open reference and can be updated by anyone. So long as no one posts blatant SPAM, and the content is on topic, then it is welcome there... links included. No one owns wiki content - it is a collective set of pages that everyone contributes to.

Brian, thank you for your contributions to the page - however if you don't want your content mingled with other information (links etc) to on topic items, then you are free to remove it.

Thanks.

Lindsay

Well i would like it removed from the advertisments please seeing am locked out from doing so... When you guys decide to remove avertisments of paid sites and other sites that sell scanners (not scannermaster) then i will be happy to help out any way i can....

Last edited:

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Brian,

You should not be locked from doing so - just edit the page and remove your data if you like.

Keep in mind though that someone can come back and revert the changes back to what you orignially added- the change management system is fairly flexible.

mwjones

Premium Subscriber
blantonl said:
You should not be locked from doing so - just edit the page and remove your data if you like.

Keep in mind though that someone can come back and revert the changes back to what you orignially added- the change management system is fairly flexible.

Lindsay -

Looking at the recent changes, mikeag did revert the page back, restoring the page after Brian removed it. He then protected the page, preventing it from being altered further.

This, I suspect, is Brian's beef. In fact, it looks like the links that mikeag had added to the page were not added to the bottom (where, respectfully, they should have been) but right at the top, above all of Brian's data.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I have unlocked the page - feel free to make any changes you desire. I really don't want to lose the data, tho- it's valid data, and not always easy to come by.

Re your comments about commercial sites - we have numerous commercial links in the Wiki, not the least of which can be found in the Scanner Antennas and software articles.

I will say this again - if you don't like a link, or where it appears, then feel free to move the section or remove the link. Removing all the data because you don't like a single link is totally uncalled for.

'Nuff said. 73s Mike

Chrome69

Premium Subscriber
ka3jjz said:
I have unlocked the page - feel free to make any changes you desire. I really don't want to lose the data, tho- it's valid data, and not always easy to come by.

Re your comments about commercial sites - we have numerous commercial links in the Wiki, not the least of which can be found in the Scanner Antennas and software articles.

I will say this again - if you don't like a link, or where it appears, then feel free to move the section or remove the link. Removing all the data because you don't like a single link is totally uncalled for.

'Nuff said. 73s Mike

Mike remove the links and lock my data and that will make me happy...

car2back

Chrome69 said:
Mike remove the links and lock my data and that will make me happy...

Brian, I along with everyone else appreciate the information you submitted to the Wiki, but once you submitted it, it became copyrighted information belonging to Radio Reference. it's not 'your data' anymore. I don't understand why you have such a problem with links to services that other NASCAR scanning fans might find useful being posted on the same wiki page as the data you submitted.

I belive the links are just as pertainant as the information about the driver's radio frequencies and re-added the links to the bottom of the page below the main body.

Last edited:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I will relock the page per Chrome69's request - however, this means that no one will be able to make changes if other freqs are found.

I hope this ends this thread. 73s Mike

Dubbin

Feed Provider
Jeeze if its really that big of a deal just delete it all and I'll put a list up. This whole situation is just plain silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.