Wiki data updated for many AB counties

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Hi folks,
As you probably know I've been putting a lot of AFRRCS data into the RR wiki. In an effort to make my data fit into the wiki better, I've linked some of it directly to the wiki page that comes up when you click on the "wiki" button in the upper right hand corner of a county page in the RRDB (between "Discuss", which sends you to this forum, and "Watch", which puts the county on your watch list).

In doing so, I've (re)discovered some of the older wiki data I and others had put together for various counties, and I decided to work on normalizing/cleaning up that too. I've made a template or two and set it all up so that each county page (that I've touched so far) has a blurb about the county, including a bit of info to help someone understand where it is geographically; an infobox with some municipal/political details as well as links to the RRDB; and then sections for Fire Tone-Outs, Unit IDs, AFRRCS sites, and whatever else we have data for in that particular county.

A good example of an up to date page is Foothills County (AB). The links in the 'blurb' at top reference other county wiki pages; there's a Google Maps link and an RRDB link in the infobox; the FTOs are there, and the suspected AFRRCS sites listed below that.

If you click the link in the 'blurb' to go to Willow Creek M.D., you'll see a couple of things - one, additional data (unit IDs & ten codes) besides the stuff I've already mentioned, and two, some counties are not yet built (the ones whose links show up in red in the 'blurb').

If you have data, please feel free to fill it in to the wiki pages. If you have data for a county that hasn't been built as a wiki page yet, just dump it in in any old way. I will rearrange stuff per the template design once in a while when I get time.

Wikis are meant to be collaborative works, of course, so do add or edit things as necessary. I only ask that if you think the template design I've made needs work/changing/improvement, you PM or email me to give me an idea of what is being done, so I can try to normalize all the other pages that use it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.