Wiki Discussion Forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonsoffun

Senior Moderator
Premium Subscriber
Hi everyone,

Just a suggestion, it would be nice to make a Wiki Discussion forum?. For the discussion of threads or issues/Ideas created on Wiki entries, instead of discussing them in the Admin forum.

Ron

K8TEK

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
You could always use the wiki for that.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Actually while the discussion tabs are indeed there, only a few folks know about them and actually use them for their intended purpose. That's why I try to emphasize using the forums here - in which case Ron's idea has merit; and I would even volunteer to moderate

73 Mike

tonsoffun

Senior Moderator
Premium Subscriber
Actually while the discussion tabs are indeed there, only a few folks know about them and actually use them for their intended purpose. That's why I try to emphasize using the forums here - in which case Ron's idea has merit; and I would even volunteer to moderate

73 Mike

Haha, I knew that you volunteer for that Mike :cool: . K8TEK, I have seen the discussion tab on the wiki but most of discussion that are RR wiki related are on these boards.

Anyways, maybe Lindsay can have some thought.

Ron

Last edited:

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
It's a good idea. I wouldn't mind seeing a Site Assistance Discussion forum with three subforums: the Database, Forums and the Wiki.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014

73 Mike
It's a good idea. I wouldn't mind seeing a Site Assistance Discussion forum with three subforums: the Database, Forums and the Wiki.
And we would end up moving even more questions/comments out of one forum to another because someone won't bother to look for the appropriate place to post their question or comment.

Specific page Wiki discussions should never be allowed in the forums at all, but since I know of no way of moving a discussion to the proper venue (the discussion tab on the subject wiki page as Tim pointed out) they remain here. General Wiki discussions tend to show up here or in the Gen Scan forum, which seems appropriate.

slicerwizard

Specific page Wiki discussions should never be allowed in the forums at all
A rather strong statement considering how many feel otherwise. How can so many be so wrong? Color me bemused.

Further, wiki discussions in a wiki forum will lead newbies towards the wiki, which would be a good thing, no?

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
I plan on doing per my post above. There will basically be a "help" forum for each area of the site. Once entering the Site Help category a member would have to choose. This would eliminate the need to move posts.

Stick0413

Premium Subscriber
I plan on doing per my post above. There will basically be a "help" forum for each area of the site. Once entering the Site Help category a member would have to choose. This would eliminate the need to move posts.

That seems like a great way of doing it. Looking to roll it out with RR 4.0?

Status
Not open for further replies.