Wiki Edit Login?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thomast77

When trying to edit the wiki for my county it asks me to login in even though I am already logged in to Radio Reference. If I enter my username/password for Radio Reference it says:
"Login error:
There is no user by the name "xxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxx.xxx". Check your spelling, or create a new account."
I would like to enter the 10 Codes and Dispatch Signals for my county's Sheriff Department.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Just click on the :Log In / Create Account link on the Wiki main page and follow the steps to create an account. The Wiki has a separate user database from the main RadioReference database.

Looking forward to your article in the Wiki!

thomast77

I click Log in / create account. It says "Login with your regular RadioReference.com Username and Password". It gives no option to register. I tried it from the main wiki homepage and from the county wiki page. Attached is a screenshot.

Attachments

• wiki.jpg
    wiki.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 633

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Sorry for the mix-up on my part.

I looked in the Wiki user list and I see a Thomast77. Note that the first letter is capitalized. I have noticed in the past that the Wiki login is case sensitive, so try it that way.

If that doesn't work, we may need to get Lindsay or Eric involved. They have more tools at their disposal than I do.

ibagli

I think it's just a quirk of MediaWiki. All page names have an initial capital letter, and I think usernames do to.

In a house along a busy road in Mercer County, Far
Same problem

I went to add something to my counties Wiki page and I am having the same problem I have tried using the cap, I tried to create a new account and I also just deleted my cookies thinking just maybe this will work. Well it doesn't. still same crazy message. Can someone let me in on the secret so I can add info to Wiki pages?

Status
Not open for further replies.