Wiki Extensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

QDP2012

Good morning admins,

Is the extension "Extension:parserFunctions" enabled in the RR Wiki?

I ask because the Template:ForTestingOnly seems to ignore the "#if" function when called from User:QDP2012#Template:ForTestingOnly.

If Extension:parserFunctions is not enabled, may it be enabled?

If Extension:parserFunctions is already enabled, what changes would you recommend (to either the template or the page that calls the template) so that the template behaves in the expected manner?

These MediaWiki Help pages seemed helpful, but don't seem to answer the above questions:

Thank you for your time and assistance,

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
It shouldn't be that big a deal to install this extension, but that's not a question we admins can answer. This is likely code that has to be done at the Sysop (Lindsay) level. No doubt you're going to need to write something up to convince him you need it and why

Mike

Last edited:

QDP2012

Thanks

Thanks for checking Mike,

I will study the documentation and try to find more and better ways to use the extension before submitting such a request. Right now, I'm only trying to use it to programmatically choose a default-value when a variable-value has not been provided.

I will also try to learn about using JavaScript in the Wiki, in case we need to include its extension in the request. It could be useful in upgrading the Collaboration Category Map to make it act more like the DB's maps. It might also let us make pull-down boxes to replace the long lists of things on some pages.

Maybe the capabilities of each can be used together to do more in-combination.

If anyone has additional ideas of how the above extensions or others could be useful in the Wiki, please share your thoughts.

Thanks again,

Last edited:

QDP2012

Thanks for checking Mike,

I will study the documentation and try to find more and better ways to use the extension before submitting such a request....

Since the default-value issue has been resolved another way. my above request is withdrawn until we find a greater need for requesting installation of the extension(s).

Thanks again,

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.