wiki on interstate scanning

Status
Not open for further replies.

slatescan

Premium Subscriber
this is very much needed i saw with great interest the interstates in SC wiki. will be useing that we need some of those for the statewide TRS's growing everywhere. for those that wrote this great piece of info dont forget to do one for the new P25 in SC when it grows

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
I'm glad you found the SC information helpful. I realized, after typing similar information into multiple forum replies, that it probably made sense to put it in the wiki. Let me know if you can think of anything to add or correct.

slatescan

Premium Subscriber
thanks man it is going to be very much helpful for as long as the old pal800 is around i am a Vandy fan and i might do a file for my 106 to Columbia if a opportunity comes up to go to a Vandy-USC game i am also a OU fan and if the sooner play there anytime soon that file will help too!

my request as the new Pal p25 grows up that you update this or make one for that one.

have a great day and happy scanning!

mmtstc

Ø
Premium Subscriber
I really like this idea. My Fiance and I drive back to her parents home in Ohio from Minneapolis on biannual basis and this would make the 3 days i spend writing a scanner file alot quicker... Maybe we should all develop on for our own states, but not make it just specific to one trunked radio system, but perhaps, take your major roads and routes, or Major City to Major City and let people know what counties they are going to be travelling through, what state police districts they will be in, what agencies would be of interest and maybe the 10 most interested frequencies or talkgroups for a given county, in addition to the Trunked system site they would want. I think i might get started on that as soon as i get my laptop back from work that I idiotically left in one of our ambulances this morning when i left...

mmtstc

Ø
Premium Subscriber
Would it be possible to make this concept into a Category or are these articles in their present state left as individual articles on each states article?

So far i have a pretty good start on
Travel Reference (MN) - The RadioReference Wiki
Travel Reference (WI) - The RadioReference Wiki
But i plan on at least taking care of the states surrounding mine (SD, ND and IA) and possibly also for the states that i commonly travel through (IL, IN, OH, MI)

But it seems like it would be nice if there was a pool for these that was easier to find when a person is assembling their scan lists for travel as each state seems to be set up differently and it could become a bit convoluted if and when this concept takes off...

mmtstc

Ø
Premium Subscriber
i kinda figured i could create one, i just didnt want to overstep my bounds and create something that might have been felt to be additional clutter, and just something i impulsively felt like creating...

Thank you for doing that.

mmtstc

Ø
Premium Subscriber
can i get a general consensus as to if i am putting too much spurrious info into the wiki with what i am putting in for some of these articles i am building?

Travel Reference (IL - The RadioReference Wiki)
Category:Travel Scanning - The RadioReference Wiki

My thought being, i can either get really detailed like i have been doing, or else i can leave it to be strictly what counties a particular Road passes through and nothing more...

It seems like that latter would be a better reference is it really only directs you to where you need to go to derive your information, but expansion is nice too..

Is it easy to pull data or is it cluttered... and please be brutally honest... i really dont want to clutter the wiki up...

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
My concern would be duplicating information that can be found elsewhere in the Wiki or the database.

I started working on the Indiana Travel Reference article, but haven't gotten back to it. My intent was to list the Interstate highways and major roads along with the counties they travel through. I have links to the county Wiki article and plan to add SAFE-T site information. That's probably as far as I will go with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.