Wiki password change

Status
Not open for further replies.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Chief_71 said:
Is there anyone that knows how to change or who to contact if they forgot their wiki password?
The UserID/Password for all parts of the site are the same. Whatever works here, works there.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Chief_71 said:
Unfortunately, not for me. My wiki username is different.
Apparently you missed the notification, all of (3 different sections (Wiki, Main Site, Forums)) were combined to use a single UserID database. Your Wiki ID is Chief_71. If you had a different one before I am not sure what happens to the ID but I assume the data will still be there. Just go to the Wiki and log in; any old ID (that isn't Chief_71) is invalid.

Chief71

loumaag said:
Apparently you missed the notification, all of (3 different sections (Wiki, Main Site, Forums)) were combined to use a single UserID database. Your Wiki ID is Chief_71. If you had a different one before I am not sure what happens to the ID but I assume the data will still be there. Just go to the Wiki and log in; any old ID (that isn't Chief_71) is invalid.

Well I gave that a try and all it tells me is that there is no user on file.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Chief, make sure you are spelling your Id correctly - including CAPS. The Wiki is sensitive to this sort of issue. I see a 'Chief71' in the user list (no underscore) 73 Mike

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
ka3jjz said:
Chief, make sure you are spelling your Id correctly - including CAPS. The Wiki is sensitive to this sort of issue. I see a 'Chief71' in the user list (no underscore) 73 Mike
Mike, I am guessing that something happened when the master userID list was moved into the Wiki. I am guessing that his underscore disappeared in the Wiki. Is there anything you can do about that?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Nope, I have nothing to do with fixing IDs, Lou, although your assumption sounds perfectly plausible.

Chief my suggestion would be to set up a new account of 'Chief_71' (notice the underscore), then have Lindsay kill 'Chief71'. As I had mentioned some time ago, I had a very similar issue, and this is the way Lindsay and I resolved this issue.

73 Mike

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
ka3jjz said:
Nope, I have nothing to do with fixing IDs, Lou, although your assumption sounds perfectly plausible.

Chief my suggestion would be to set up a new account of 'Chief_71' (notice the underscore), then have Lindsay kill 'Chief71'. As I had mentioned some time ago, I had a very similar issue, and this is the way Lindsay and I resolved this issue.

73 Mike
Mike,

Since I last posted, I got some information that underscores are not supported in the Wiki as for log in. I cannot verify that, but this sounds reasonable; if that is the case the Chief71 is probably correct. :confused:

Chief71

blantonl said:
We'll need to remove the "_" from your username to get this to work properly.

Please contact me at webmaster [at] radioreference.com to get this fixed.

For the record I am Chief71 on the wiki because when I made the Wiki account it would not accept the underscore.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Chief_71 said:
For the record I am Chief71 on the wiki because when I made the Wiki account it would not accept the underscore.
As Lindsay says, contact him via email so that the "_" can be removed from your ID here also. I just saw that he fixed one of the staff members that had the same problem.

Chief71

loumaag said:
As Lindsay says, contact him via email so that the "_" can be removed from your ID here also. I just saw that he fixed one of the staff members that had the same problem.

Sounds good, I emailed Lindsay about 10 min ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.