Wild card entries

Status
Not open for further replies.

trkntrlrman

RS-PRO 34, RS-PRO 60, BCD396XT, BCD996XT, SDS200
Premium Subscriber
First let me say I'm useing a BCD996xt with freescan on windows 7 ultra.
I've seen messages that talk about entering wildcards to find stations that are not entered into the scanner. How does one do this and what do i enter??? I know some sites i moniter are missing some ids and it would be nice to be able to find them.... any help on this would be appreciated...

willdanl

Premium Subscriber
A wildcard TG is a term used by the GRE (and I suppose RS) scanners. The Uniden scanners accomplish that by a system being in ID Search mode rather than ID Scan. There is a check box in Freescan on the Trunked System Setup tab to put a system in that mode. You can also put the scanner in ID Search mode directly by hitting the scan/srch button while the scanner is scanning through the particular trunked system of interest - the same action toggles the system back to ID Scan mode.

trkntrlrman

RS-PRO 34, RS-PRO 60, BCD396XT, BCD996XT, SDS200
Premium Subscriber
I've tried the search/Scan button but see no differance in the moniter window is there something visual I should see that shows the change from one to the other? (or is that asking to much) Maybe they could make the alert light blink or alternate colors or something.... Or maybe the CC light, one color for close calls, and another for the scan/search designatior.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
F+SCAN switches between ID Scan and ID Search. The display will briefly show the changed status.

Note that the setting only applies to the trunked system you were scanning when you did the keystrokes. If, when you press F, you are not scanning the target trunked system, while "F" is still active, scroll to the target system, then press SCAN.

Status
Not open for further replies.