Wild Fires

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eng74

I know we have our Kern County) type 1 Hot Hot Crew got sent down there on Tuesday night at around 11:30p.m. then Thurday around noon we sent a strike team of Type 3 engines. Just now I heard one of the OES engines going to Headquarters for a strike team assignment. Not sure if it is all OES or County with OES. Looks like there is lots of fire for everyone there.

1979lee

Yeah i heard about the fire they were two big fires now they are one giant fire, best of luck to all of our firefighters out on the front lines , lets get this fire out soon guys

good luck , lee

brandon

Database Admin
Unfortunately a new fire has started in the Redlands area of San Bernardino County.
About 30 mins ago IC advised first structure has been lost. Now reported to be 350 acres. Bad timing for a start since no aircraft until daylight.

151.355 - Command 1
154.295 - White 3

The big fire in Morongo Valley was producing pyrocumulus clouds I could see it all tyhe way from south San Diego County today.

RobertW1

Cressida81 said:
anyone know what freqs the large fire near big bear is on?
thanks

Monitor the San Bernardino County Trunked System, #8 "Mountain" as well as San Bernardino National Forest and CDF Net and tac channels.

See the database for System #8 Frequencies:
http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&sid=337

Trunk Groups for System #8 to monitor:

001904 Fire Disp, Fire
001936 Big Bear Disp, Fire
001968 Secondary Fire
002000 Wrightwood Disp, Fire
002003 8-Fireground-3 Fire
002064 8-Fireground-4 Fire
002256 8-Fireground-1 Fire
002288 8-Fireground-2 Fire
016016 Comm Center Fire

Last edited:

brandon

Database Admin
Cressida81 said:
anyone know what freqs the large fire near big bear is on?
thanks

These were posted at SoCalFire

COMMAND PRIMARY 151.265
COMMAND SECONDARY 170.425
COMMAND ALTERNATE 173.8125
TAC 151.250
TAC 168.250
TAC 166.775
TAC 154.265
TAC 173.9125
TAC 151.1375
AIR TO GROUND 151.220
AIR TAC 151.280
AIR TAC 129.950
AIR TAC 122.750
DECK 151.820
TOLC 122.575

SOME FREQUENCIES ARE ASSIGNED FOR COMTINGENCY. IF YOUR LOCAL, YOU WILL HEAR THE TACS. YOU MAY HEAR THE COMMAND FREQUENCIES FROM FURTHER AWAY.

sac-emt

Saturday, on my way home northbound on Interstate 5 at around 1700 hour, from Firearms Training in the southern part of Sacramento County, I saw two fire service transport vehicles going south with the Midnight Sun Hotshots (Alaska?) marked on the side.

Just wondering if they were going to the Stanilaus County fire or down farther south. Has anyone has seen these crews?

RolnCode3

I saw, today, a CDF semi w/ bulldozer on the back going Code3 on Hwy 50 thru downtown Sacramento. I guess there was some big to-do up along Hwy49. Probably headed to that.

SCPD

QRT
sac-emt said:
Saturday, on my way home northbound on Interstate 5 at around 1700 hour, from Firearms Training in the southern part of Sacramento County, I saw two fire service transport vehicles going south with the Midnight Sun Hotshots (Alaska?) marked on the side.

Just wondering if they were going to the Stanilaus County fire or down farther south. Has anyone has seen these crews?

Midnight Sun is a BLM hotshot crew from Fairbanks, Alaska. I'm surprised to hear they had their own crew transports in the lower 48 as they usually fly everywhere they go down hear and then are transported via contract buses. Just think of the logistics of getting their crew transport vehicles down to California. Were the rigs the standard BLM yellow?

When I lived in southern California in 1970 I remember driving on the 405 from LAX to Long Beach one day and having a whole bunch of structural fire engines passing me code three. They were headed south and had the emblems of the Boise, Idaho fire department on the side. I now have enough knowledge to know it was probably a structure protection strike team (if they called them that in 1970) and were probably headed to the Laguna Fire.

sac-emt

Midnight Sun Hotshots

Exsmokey said:
Midnight Sun is a BLM hotshot crew from Fairbanks, Alaska. I'm surprised to hear they had their own crew transports in the lower 48 as they usually fly everywhere they go down hear and then are transported via contract buses. Just think of the logistics of getting their crew transport vehicles down to California. Were the rigs the standard BLM yellow?

Yes sir,

The two were painted yellow and due to that, it really caught my attention.

It had the cab for the driver and passenger with the rear having a seating area for the firefighters. I am not sure if I missed any other units that were part of the Strike Team.

Thanks for the info, as they intrigued me that they came from so far away. My hats off to them!!!

BirkenVogt

Exsmokey said:
When I lived in southern California in 1970 I remember driving on the 405 from LAX to Long Beach one day and having a whole bunch of structural fire engines passing me code three. They were headed south and had the emblems of the Boise, Idaho fire department on the side. I now have enough knowledge to know it was probably a structure protection strike team (if they called them that in 1970) and were probably headed to the Laguna Fire.

I would not have thought that in 1970 there was a fire engine capable of passing anything. At least none of ours were.

Birken

selgaran

BirkenVogt said:
Originally Posted by Exsmokey:"...passing me code three..."

I would not have thought that in 1970 there was a fire engine capable of passing anything. At least none of ours were.

I would hope that even a 1970 engine travelling at a walking pace would pass everything on the road if it was rolling code 3, but given the number of idiots on the road, I know that is a pointless wish.

Status
Not open for further replies.