Wild land fire Sticky?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cstockmyer

Just a thought, what do the members here think about a "wild land fire" sticky in the breaking news subform? It might be a busy year and rather then 100 different threads about the same thing..maybe one might be nice. Just an idea though. Any thoughts?

cl

I think that is a GREAT idea, it will save a lot of searching.

greenthumb

Colorado DB Administrator
Database Admin
I can see the flow of individual incidents getting lost in the mix if multiple incidents are in progress simultaneously. I would rather see individual incidents posted in separate threads so that one can keep up with the progress of each incident individually without having to sort through posts on other incidents.

cstockmyer

greenthumb said:
I can see the flow of individual incidents getting lost in the mix if multiple incidents are in progress simultaneously. I would rather see individual incidents posted in separate threads so that one can keep up with the progress of each incident individually without having to sort through posts on other incidents.

Very good point Greenthumb, Thanks!

captaincraig44

Premium Subscriber
Well then, how about a sticky with all the relevant wildland fire freqs for the state? I think this may have been suggested a couple weeks back and I don't recall what the consensus was.

rfburns

cstockmyer said:
It might be a busy year
It should be fairly quiet in NW Colorado this season. Steamboat set an all time record with 489" of snow and there's still another month of snow to come. There still might be a couple of running Sage fires that burn a thousand acres an hour when the humidity gets below 15%, but I doubt that there'll be a need for a T1 or T2 IMT this season unless it's a T2 fire use team.

It's a lot easier to search on separate incidents vs. having them all in one sticky.

kc0kp

Status
Not open for further replies.