wildcall private calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

frank125

hello has anyone that scans ncc ever heard any private calls on the wildcall private call using the psr-500, just curious if there is in fact any private calls. thanks

SCPD

QRT
I'm not so sure he is talking about cell phones, rather I think he may be talking about Motorola's i-Call or something similar. As for legalites with i-Call I'm not certain if monitoring it is legal or not. Making a WAG, I don't see why it would be any different than any other communications.

Having no experience with i-Call though, I can't for sure. I believe there is something similar in EDACs, as I occasionally hear "private call me."

hoser147

Its a Private call over the radio, and not a cell. Frank you need to be in fairly close proximity of the users to receive private I calls, the 500/600 series of scanners will pick them up, the farthest Ive received them has been within a mile.

frank125

wildcall

Its a Private call over the radio, and not a cell. Frank you need to be in fairly close proximity of the users to receive private I calls, the 500/600 series of scanners will pick them up, the farthest Ive received them has been within a mile.

thanks for the info hoser 147 its sounds like its like spectrum sweeper you have to be close

mandlair

Hi,Frank125 I had it on my old 396 it worked when they used it.I tried with my 500 and pro 197.never got anything I guess they werent using it.And it was messing up my scanner so I took it off.Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.