BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Wildcard TG & Private Calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

radionut44

Premium Subscriber
I am used to programming GRE/Whistler radios. How are Wildcards for TG and Private Calls (iCalls) handled in Sentinel? I assume they are only programmed at the system level?

Volfirefighter

Feed Provider
When the system is set to ID search, then it will stop on all traffic and display TG number.

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

radionut44

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the info. If I make the plunge it will be my first digital Uniden. Have started messing around with Sentinel in case.

Sentinel says Invalid TG for both 0 and .0 so I wonder if there is a solution.
Unknown.

Here's a quote from the Wiki:
  • For the XT, P2, and BCDx36HP Series of radios, the I-Call is automatic in ID Search (as is all patch TGID's), in ID Scan you need to program the wildcard "i0" or ".0" (i000000 Motorola / i0000 EDACS) for decimal display, or "." for HEX display. The 700000 number is no longer used, but is displayed as the radio ID, as seen in a trunked decoder program. Many of the third party software packages will do this for you by setting the I-Call flag.

radionut44

Premium Subscriber
The i000000 worked as far as Sentinel is concerned. Have ordered radio. I-calls are not used often, so it may be a while before I confirm it works. Setting an alert for it.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
The i000000 worked as far as Sentinel is concerned. Have ordered radio. I-calls are not used often, so it may be a while before I confirm it works. Setting an alert for it.
i0 also works but may be considered the same.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.