Wildland Fire NW of Estes Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

aprswatcher

Premium Subscriber
Wildland Fire Northwest of Estes Park approx. 7 miles northwest in Roosevelt Nat'l Forest.

This is located near Glenhaven at Dunravin trailhead, approx 15 acres with some spot fires.
Some home evacuation in progress, getting some rain in area.
2 airtankers made drops (tankers 882 & 880) back to Jefco for load.

O/F
Roosevelt NF 169.175
Nat'l flt following 168.65
Jefco tanker base 123.975
air to air 171.525

updates as I hear them
Rex

Last edited:

aprswatcher

Premium Subscriber
Update

Sounds as if this is now 2 fires main fire and a new one from spotting.
Add Larimer Co SO and Estes Park fire for structure protection.

Air attack aircraft to be on station at 1630 and then joined by the 2 seats aircraft.

O/F
Estes Park FD 159.405
FERN 1 154.28
FERN 2 154.295

CO DTRS
Larimer Co SO TG 09150
Larimer Co Mutual aid 1 TG 04054

updates as I hear them.
Rex

rickak

Larimer Co Mutual aid 1 TG 04054

Rex

Could be wrong, but I believe the MUTAID 1 incident is a seperate incident, a small lightning caused fire near the Bobcat Ridge natural area near Masonville. Sounds like the rain showers all but put this one out.

Rick

aprswatcher

Premium Subscriber
Thnks Rick,
wasn't real sure on the Larimer Co Mut Aid since so much is going on in the hills west
of Loveland

Also this should be NorthEast of Estes Park not NorthWest.

Sounds like about 140 some odd persons at the location.

dracer777

Premium Subscriber
Just heard another mutual aid request from boulder county FD to Glenhaven area. Could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure they requested two engines.

aprswatcher

Premium Subscriber
Update @ 1630
Air Attack 3 Alpha Uniform onscene
SEATS (single engine air tankers) 880 & 882 enroute from Jeffco

Have requested another SEATS and a Heavy Airtanker, and 2 helocopters

O/F
Air to air should be 127.325, not the previous 171.525
air to ground is 171.525
Nat'l Flight Following 168.65
FERN 3 for structure protection.

Reverse 911 going out for homes nearby.

updates as I hear them.
Rex

Last edited:

jeffreyinberthoud

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
2 fires??

Could be wrong, but I believe the MUTAID 1 incident is a seperate incident, a small lightning caused fire near the Bobcat Ridge natural area near Masonville. Sounds like the rain showers all but put this one out.

Rick

As I drove north from Denver this evening I could tell there was definitly something burning closer in (Masonville) than were the other fire was reported thaty being said the Masonville fire is putting up a very nice medium sized smoke plume....Blocking the smoke from Glennhaven ...at least from Berthpoud area south

aprswatcher

Premium Subscriber
Update @1900

Update most of flying activity is over for the day, the SEATS made a total of 5 drops on the spot fires
not the main fire.
Alot of assets were brought in, SEATS 880, 882 & 878, helocopters 2 Lima Mike, 1 Bravo Hotel, and the
Air Attack 3 Alpha Uniform, a couple of heavy airtankers were ordered, not sure of their status.
The SEATS went to Jeffco (KBJC) and the helos went to Ft. Collins-Loveland (KFNL) for the night, air ops will start at 0900 if needed.

last report the fire was estimated at 20 -25 acres.

That's all for tonight.
73, Rex

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
The following information update has been made for: Dunraven Fire

An additional update: it seems we do in fact have air support and have had, so far as is presently known, at least 4 retardant drops by two SEATs (Single Engine Air Tankers)committed to the fire. We had a heavy air tanker (more popularly known as a "slurry bomber") on order but it developed problems en route from it's base in Grand Junction and had to abort the mission. Structure protection seems to be the principal priority for the time being.

According to an update received from Estes Park PD, which is assisting on this incident, a shelter is in the process of opening in the Estes area with assistance from the Red Cross for a potential of 50-60 persons. It is as yet undetermined whether this shelter will be at the High School, the High Peak Camp south on Highway 7 or another location. Once again, please refer to the USFS information line noted in the last post for additional information on this and other matters regarding the fire.

For complete information on this emergency, see
Larimer County Emergency Information

Status
Not open for further replies.