Not open for further replies.

ra7850

For anyone interested the F22 Raptor is inbound now to KAVP @ 932AM

Here is what I've heard so far as far as frequencies

132.95 Airshow Ground Frequency

118.7 Airshow T/A - This is static aircraft parking

mikea7531

Feed Provider
I'm curious if anyone will have an issue bringing a scanner with them to the airshow. I'm going on Sunday, so I'm interested in hearing any reports of issues on Saturday. The only reason why I'm uneasy about bringing a scanner is because of how they have one of the answers to their FAQ's. First airshow i've been to. Thanks!

Attachments

• Airshow.png
    Airshow.png
    16.4 KB · Views: 254

dgregjones

Try programing 376.025 for the F22 Raptor for the airshow.
I have heard them use this frequency a couple of times. It is an fighter jet if you haven't seen it.

mikea7531

Feed Provider
Hi,
I have been to about 20 air shows and have never had any issues using my scanner. Make sure you have a good set of headphones.
Enjoy

Thanks! That's what I figured, I just didn't know if this venue would have had an issue since they haven't hosted an airshow in a few years.

Well, they're not allowing them here. Was turned away at the gate and had to put it in the car

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Hm that's weird, cause I was just watching youTube videos of the airshow cause I can't make it, unfortunately, and multiple people are seen holding some sort of scanner or AM transceiver

dgregjones

Mike,
Very sorry to hear that.
Did they give a reason why they are not allowed? Something to do with security or interference I guess.
I grew up in Wilkes Barre and now live in NH. I have attended airshows in ME, NH, NY, VT, and RI, gone through the security checkpoints and always have been allowed to bring in my scanner, and scanner bag.
Being able to listen to the pilots and the air boss really enhances the experience, especially when the Blue Angels or Thunderbirds are performing.
Duke

mikea7531

Feed Provider
Hm that's weird, cause I was just watching youTube videos of the airshow cause I can't make it, unfortunately, and multiple people are seen holding some sort of scanner or AM transceiver

So far today, I've only seen staff/crew with radios, no spectators

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.