Will 536HP audio repairs mean early stock of refurbs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
and was not even offered a radio for testing I would of saved Uniden the hassles with all of these radios.

Upman indicated that none of the beta testing units had the components in them that are causing the issue, so I don't see how your statement applies to this.

From his post:

" But, the issue you are seeing with the headphone noise did not exist on any samples used for beta testing."

NHdave

Premium Subscriber
I hear ya on that, but most recalls don't happen 2 weeks after product release.

Aston Martin just recalled the 2014 DB9 because a plant in China used a plastic different than what they specified should be used and accelerator pedals are breaking off. That's a $117 to $240k car. Stuff happens.

phask

Premium Subscriber
Aston Martin just recalled the 2014 DB9 because a plant in China used a plastic different than what they specified should be used and accelerator pedals are breaking off. That's a $117 to $240k car. Stuff happens.

Even worse, recalled almost every one made, multiple years because wrong plastic.

lawman210

Ok just got off the phone with scanner master which sent me "listen only ear piece which shows a picture with a Stereo plug. I received a mono plug. The description says it's compatible with all Uniden scanners. So when I told them I was advised that the mini plug won't work with the 436 they told me "there's an issue with all the radios and they have to be sent back to Uniden". I said isn't that with the 536? and they said "no the 436", that's why we have non to sell as they were all pulled to go back. Do they know what they are talking about? 436 or 536 or both?
Has there been any info as to serial numbers effected?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

signal500

K4DPS
Premium Subscriber
Ok just got off the phone with scanner master which sent me "listen only ear piece which shows a picture with a Stereo plug. I received a mono plug. The description says it's compatible with all Uniden scanners. So when I told them I was advised that the mini plug won't work with the 436 they told me "there's an issue with all the radios and they have to be sent back to Uniden". I said isn't that with the 536? and they said "no the 436", that's why we have non to sell as they were all pulled to go back. Do they know what they are talking about? 436 or 536 or both?

I have not read anything about headphone issues with the BCD436HP only the BCD536HP with serial numbers ending 0 through 2600.

So if you have a scanner that falls in that serial number range (0 to 2600), you may send it back and receive a new scanner, or if your happy with the one you currently have, then you can keep it and Uniden will honor a 3 year warranty for those units.

All information I receive comes from reading other forum posts from UPMan.

whsbuss

So maybe this is the reason they changed the 436 availability date from 3rd week Feb to 2nd week March.

lawman210

Not sure but I didn't hear anything about any 436 issue til today. But even if there is an issue I don't think it's concerning the mono/stereo compatibility. UPman advised that using a mono plug in a Stereo jack can cause a short. Scanner master is selling a product with an incorrect picture and I think is trying to use this excuse to say it's not their ear piece (even though what they are showing is what they are shipping) it's the scanner

lawman210

That's what I figured. How can such a big company not know what they are talking about? I didn't think the rep knew what he was talking about. This only confirmed it. Even after brining up the issue that he may have mixed up the model numbers he still insisted that a recall existed. Well guess I won't be buying anything else from them if I can't rely on their knowledge with such things

lawman210

Aware that he has unknowledgeable people working there or the fact the earpiece there selling is the one they are supplying?

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
Aware that he has unknowledgeable people working there or the fact the earpiece there selling is the one they are supplying?

Seeing as how the earpiece is not a Uniden product, I think UPMan was referring to the confusion surrounding the recall of the 536, not the 436 as you were previously told in error.

If it were me in the owner's shoes, I'd throw in a free stereo-to-mono adapter with the earpieces I sell. What would that cost, a buck... maybe? You'd quickly recoup that dollar and then some from the satisfied customers that would appreciate the extra effort.

In your case, since you have the adapter already, there's no risk of damaging your scanner. I say if the earpiece works for you, keep it and don't worry about what the guy on the phone at Scanner Master said.

-AZ

NYPDAUX

re·me·di·a·tion 

The act or process of correcting a fault or deficiency: remediation of a learning disability.

the action of remedying something, esp the reversal or stopping of damage to the environment

(Environmental Science) the action of remedying something, esp the reversal or stopping of damage to the environment
re•me•di•a•tion 
the correction of something defective or deficient.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

lawman210

re·me·di·a·tion 

The act or process of correcting a fault or deficiency: remediation of a learning disability.

the action of remedying something, esp the reversal or stopping of damage to the environment

(Environmental Science) the action of remedying something, esp the reversal or stopping of damage to the environment
re•me•di•a•tion 
the correction of something defective or deficient.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

Uh what?

lawman210

Seeing as how the earpiece is not a Uniden product, I think UPMan was referring to the confusion surrounding the recall of the 536, not the 436 as you were previously told in error.

If it were me in the owner's shoes, I'd throw in a free stereo-to-mono adapter with the earpieces I sell. What would that cost, a buck... maybe? You'd quickly recoup that dollar and then some from the satisfied customers that would appreciate the extra effort.

In your case, since you have the adapter already, there's no risk of damaging your scanner. I say if the earpiece works for you, keep it and don't worry about what the guy on the phone at Scanner Master said.

-AZ

I was only bringing up the recall issue in regards to what scannermaster said just to make sure I didn't miss something. As for the earpiece they say it works on all uniden models. I am not sure if they made that claim when advertising what appeared to be a Stereo jack ear piece versus the mono jack I got. I didn't have an adapter I had to drive to 2 radio shacks before I found one. Cost was .47 cents. Fuel was 10.00

lawman210

I have not read anything about headphone issues with the BCD436HP only the BCD536HP with serial numbers ending 0 through 2600.

So if you have a scanner that falls in that serial number range (0 to 2600), you may send it back and receive a new scanner, or if your happy with the one you currently have, then you can keep it and Uniden will honor a 3 year warranty for those units.

All information I receive comes from reading other forum posts from UPMan.

I got my 536 within the first 2 weeks it was out and it is serial xxxx120x so I am in the batch but I haven't heard anything wrong with audio. I will go back through that thread and check for the specific problem

Last edited:

garys

Premium Subscriber
I got my 436 within the first 2 weeks it was out and it is serial xxxx120x so I am in the batch but I haven't heard anything wrong with audio. I will go back through that thread and check for the specific problem

Unless something has changed over the last few days, the 436 is not affected by this issue. Only the 536 radios have the headset jack issue.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
The audio noise is only when using headphones. Main speaker and rear speaker jack audio are unaffected.

Status
Not open for further replies.