Will County EDACS and Pro 164

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrenchFeeder

I have the 8 control channels programmed properly, on a bank and channel starting with 1. I hear traffic on all of the channels but my display does not show the talk group that is transmitting, as it does with the Joliet Motorola system. As of now it will show the TGID on the channel that is broadcasting the actual control tone, but when I monitor traffic I see no TGIDs. I'm mainly concerned with monitoring New Lenox and Mokena dispatch, simulcast, which I noticed has been having odd traffic, where Dispatch will start a call, but traffic cuts out and resumes when the officer confirms the transmission, I assume because they are trunking on the EDACs now.

I am also still having trouble getting the receiver to properly "Trunk" and follow transmissions, as of now I'm stuck manually switching channels when there is a break in comms

If anyone could tell me how to open the banks on a Radio Shack Pro 164 I would appreciate it, as I have misplaced my manual.

acepilot340

The Will County Public Safety EDACS system finished rebanding over the weekend; you need to reprogram the 8 frequencies and then you will not miss any transmissions.

TrenchFeeder

I just programmed the 8 channels on tuesday. All channels and banks are set to ED mode.

I noticed that my receiver completely skips over these channels when in "scan" mode as if they were not there. I tried locking out every other active freq. I have programmed, but for whatever reason my receiver is not picking up the county traffic. It will scan and perform as normal with everything else I have programmed.

Is it possible my software version is an issue? I have an older version than what is available

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Im not familiar with the 164 but if its like the other RS scanners you press "PGM", "Trunk" set the mode to EDacs, go back to "PGM" and start programming in the freqys as listed in another post with CH1, then press "Scan...If you hear the four beeps after transmissions then you did it wrong...Also make sure you hear the "brrrrr" sound of the Control Channel or you will hear nothing...The CC today is 852.700....Lincolnway PD is using TG-04-097 and a patch 15-082.....Your firmware ver: should work fine....

TrenchFeeder

I do hear the beeps after transmissions. I think I'm going to wipe the memory and start all over. Im pretty sure I programmed something wrong when I first got it. I'll try reprogramming the set first

Status
Not open for further replies.