Will County EDACS

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Will Co is using there two new freqys, there LCN lineup is changed....Trying to figure out the new LCN line up??...

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
They are using now the same LCN lineup but have added LCN7-854.4875, LCN8-854.3375....Thursday and yesterday friday these freqys were in the rotation....

XTS3000

Noticed last wed nite (10/5/2011) that the system was running in some sort of failsoft mode. The data channel was there, however there was another channel with data on it as well. The second data channel sounded different then the normal edacs control channel sound.

On thurs nite (10/6/2011) I noticed the LCN 7 and LCN 8 were being used. Ron your LCN posted is correct.

On Friday (10/7/2011), the whole day and nite LCN 7 and LCN 8 were never used.

Used the HP-1 to confirm what RoninJoliet posted for LCN7 and LCN8. LCN7 and LCN8 were posted incorrectly in the RR database until just the other day when they were corrected. They are correct now.

If you do not have LCN 7 & 8 programmed, sometimes it will trunk properly until they put LCN 7 & 8 into rotation. When that happens, you will be missing some of the traffic.

TheRover

In my radioI I have LCN 7 as 854.3375 and LCN8 as 854.4875. Is this how the database had it prior to the correction ? Did they reverse these two ?

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
XTS3000 is CORRECT and yes they are "inverted" but so far this weekend they have been being skipped for some unknown reason....Im glad we have a person with a HP-1 that can follow the LCN on EDACS....Thank you XTS3000 poster....

XTS3000

Will County LCN Finder on HomePatrol-1

First image is the LCN finder working, working to decode the proper LCN on the Will Co. EDACS TRS. Notice the black horizontal and vertical black lines, this identifies the control channel while the LCN decoding process is in progress.

Second image is the LCN finder when finished decoding the proper LCN. Seeing as I already entered the proper LCN order, the final results look like a diagonal line. Notice that LCN 7 and 8 are not used tonight (10/9/2011- 11pm cst)

Third image is the LCN Monitor. Notice the diagonal looking lines that look like a forward slash (/). This shows a single TG chatting back and forth with no other TG's active. What this tells also that every channel is sequential and the system goes down the list of frequencies on each key-up.

The LCN Finder is a great tool to use if the EDACS system your listening to has holes (missing radio traffic). Fire up the LCN finder and make sure you see a diagonal line as shown in the second image. If anything other than a diagonal line, the EDACS system is not programmed properly

Attachments

• lcnfind.jpg
    lcnfind.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 286
  • lcnfound.jpg
    lcnfound.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 294
  • lcnmonitor.jpg
    lcnmonitor.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 313

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Very COOL!!...I have the 346XT,396XT and 996XT plus the GRE digitals but have not purchased the HP-1....Im not good with computers so downloading and implementing into the radio is not in my brain....Everytime i try software i end up with too many questions from the computer and no idea what keys to press....The GRE/RS models will show me the LTR LCN and will line them up ...The old PRO92 i have will designate what LCN the CC is on EDACS which is a little help.....

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
As of today (10-11-11) Will Co is back using LCN7-8 in the rotation.....

XTS3000

Yep, that's exactly what I'm seeing here too Ron. Makes ya wonder why the first 6 LCN's are all in order, then LCN 7 & 8 are not.

Attachments

• alllcns.jpg
    alllcns.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 229

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
If you remember the old ILL State EDACS system, some of there north and south freqy lists were also inverted....Not sure if this is to "trick" us or what but with your HP-1 and LCN lineup graph we can't miss!!!....Thanks again for your help....

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
The order 1-6 is the same with 854.4875=LCN7, 854.3375=LCN8.....No, they did not actually follow low-hi as the first six....As i printed they are reversed.....

Status
Not open for further replies.