Will County EDACS

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Will Co is back using the two new freqys that were tranfered over to there new digital system....LCN7-854.4875 and LCN8-854.3375, you will not hear all transmissions unless you have all programmed.....

Jake68111

Thanks!

I don't understand, without being on the "inside", how one would detect a change in the system, then come to the conclusion that the two freqs were the issue.

I monitor the system all the time and wouldn't have known anything changed without popping in to the forum.

VASCAR2

Might depend on how you have your scanner programmed, using control channel only or having every frequency programmed in for the site. If using the latter method you could miss traffic.

XTS3000

With EDACS you can not use control channel only.... All frequencies must be programmed in their LCN.

VASCAR2

My error guys, I didn't see the LCN in the first post, for got it was EDACS, I was thinking MOT or P25.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Having multiple scanners I removed the two new freqys for WC-EDACS on one scanner when they shifted them to there new digital system, but I left them in on another....When I saw a TG using 854.3375 and missed the transmission on the other radio I new I made a mistake....That's the problem with the new Uniden 436-536 you do not see the freqys anymore which is a mistake on Unidens part.....

Status
Not open for further replies.