Will County Public Safety TGID

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake68111

Scanning with the 536 with ID Search on, I had a hit on TGID: i14659.

I'm not sure what the "i" in that means but looking through the DB, am I looking for 14-659?

Its not in the DB, I just want to make sure that if I submit something for this system, that I submit it properly.

Sounds like Snow Plows (Public Works?) or a Snow Plow garage.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
The Will Co forest preserve district use a lot of "ICALLS" to set up there days activities and that's what your seeing....No one else on the EDACS system at the time can hear the conversation when they do this....On GRE/RS scanners you set up a "PC" wildcard and hear the ixxxxx icalls (private call), on Uniden scanners there just included when u set up there EDACS trunking system.....The new Will Co "Digital" system has been very active with there "EMA" with the flooding in Wilmington.....

Jake68111

Actually, on my Uniden 536, when the unit is in "ID Scan" mode, only those TGs that are programmed will open squelch. When the setting is changed to "ID Search" mode, anything, including whats been programmed will open squelch.

I've just never experienced an "I-Call" and was unaware of what I was hearing vs. what I was seeing on the display.

Didn't know that about the GRE models. Thank for that 411, Ron!

Status
Not open for further replies.