Will DSD+ FastLane (most current version) Decode (LTR) Trunking System?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
There is a trunked system that I am interested in exploring: TRT Partners (LTR) Trunking System, Holland, Michigan - Scanner Frequencies and it uses a trunked system called " LTR Standard Analog" that I am not familiar with. Will my software decode it?
No. Here is your previous thread on this question:

bharvey2

LTR systems have been around for a long time. Many are being replaced with newer digital trunking systems. Many older scanners (or older trunking radios) are available on the cheap that could monitor them. Radio examples would be the Kenwood TK 380 (a handheld) or the TK 880 or 8180 (mobiles) would be good candidates. Almost any older trunking scanner would do the trick. With the radios, you'd need to know all of the frequencies of a site to program them properly. A scanner would give you greater latitude.

Since the Holland site has only one frequency listed, you could just monitor that one with an SDR dongle and a program like SDRSharp. Or, if you can receive the other sites, you could try them too. It wouldn't follow the trunking nor would it decode talkgroup names but you'd hear traffic at least.

For several years i monitored our local sports arena with the above mentioned Kenwood radios.

Status
Not open for further replies.