Will I still receive frequencies outside of the "tuned" frequency for a mobile antenna?

Status
Not open for further replies.

prcguy

I need to do further testing on my COMPACtennas, but so far they have surprised me on how well they work. Its not a gimmick, they do receive very well for their size and in some cases they transmit and receive better than a full size 1/4 wave whip on VHF. That is saying a lot.

o_O No one said anything about you or to you or thought you were a dork. We were not knowingly making fun of anything you enjoy. We didn't even know you had a COMPACtenna on your vehicle until you brought attention to yourself.

mmckenna and I were discussing and joking back and fourth about the antenna because it's had some mixed reviews. Someone ran some formal test on it and it's not all it's cracked up to be, especially for $115.00.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
and in some cases they transmit and receive better than a full size 1/4 wave whip on VHF. That is saying a lot.

I read that in your post regarding them. I believe they work well, but when comparing the price of a 1/4 wave antenna to one of those, I'd have a hard time making the justification. Plus sticking one of those on the roof of a full size truck would be asking for trouble.

prcguy

But they receive well and fairly wide band on VHF and UHF and 700/800/900Mhz, something a 1/4 VHF cannot do. Its better compared to a super wide band commercial/public service tri-band antenna like the Larid WPD136M6C-001, which costs more than the COMPACtenna and the COMPACtenna is much shorter.

I read that in your post regarding them. I believe they work well, but when comparing the price of a 1/4 wave antenna to one of those, I'd have a hard time making the justification. Plus sticking one of those on the roof of a full size truck would be asking for trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.