Will my radioshack pro 95 recieve the international space station?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rk911

Rich
Premium Subscriber
145.8 is, i believe, the freq used on the ISS. as usual a quality antenna is beneficial with an outdoor antenna prefered vs a back-of-the-set. passes are quick but you should be able to determine when the ISS is overhead your location.

ko6jw_2

Premium Subscriber
There is software available including iPad apps that track satellites and the ISS. Will show you the paths angles etc for your location. Not hard to hear, but overhead for very narrow windows. I use an Arrow handheld cross beam yagi. Eggbeater type antennas are also good. High gain verticals not so good due to low radiation angles.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
And it is very hit and miss, unless you happen to catch them during an event. You can find announcements of upcoming activity on the Southgate ARC as well, I think, at the ARISS website. They are not on all the time. They will occasionally send SSTV pix as well (haven't done this in a while); links for the software can be found in section 5 of;

https://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/HF_Software_Decoders

The last time they tried this there were some issues with the radio, I think. Hopefully at some point they can get the issues resolved.

MM-SSTV is free and very well regarded

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.