TRX-1: will not find Mini SD CARD

Status
Not open for further replies.

dipierro

I purchased a 32GB SP Elite MicroSDHC UHS-1 Card I formatted both by Windows and EZ Scan find SD Card then says it not formatted I got EZ Scan to find and copies files but will not recognize them Could it be the kind of card I using? What card do you suggest? up to 32GB Only! Only FAT/FAT32 works but I have already told the problem is. again TX-1 had been a big pain since I purchased it! But it's just another problem to solve! I try a different brand Darn more money wasted LOL!

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Have you used EZ Scan to "PREPARE SCANNER MEMORY/SD CARD FOR USE" under the EZ Scan Scanner/SD Card tab? Really there is no reason to use anything larger than 8 or 16GB cards.

CycleSycho

;) OP, & members, Please read and understand this post in its entirety, first. In these days the proverbial cart before the horse sometimes drives a response (by an out of context cut/past). Thank you! ;)

:) Specifically speaking, IF a new card(s) contact points are clean, AND the card slot in the BRAND NEW RADIO is NOT DAMAGED (and clean), the name brand 32GB card SHOULD work. Many RR posts dealing with NEW equipment (as in the TRX-1) about only a certain card working is a PROBLEM with any new RADIO/SOFTWARE/INCLUDED CABLE (beyond using only the port(s) on the computer mainboard, not a 'hub'). Of course there could be a batch of defective micro sd cards BUT those can easily be found and replaced (again) by running tests on the card externally in Windows through whatever software available AFTER using the EZ-Scan software as instructed. IF the card is defective (which may be the case), return it as such. Does the RADIO instructions demand only ONE size or NAME BRAND of card? No, per Whistler (TRX-1 Features: Industry-standard Composite Device USB interface with USB Mass Storage Device (MSD) and Serial Data (CDC) support. Access the MicroSD card without removing it from the radio, stream decoded Control Channel data and upgrade your radio’s firmware over USB. Mini USB cable included.) at their link ( ☞ Don't forget this... (whistlergroup.com) ). Suggesting ppl work around a perceived problematic design should suggest owners of a NEW radio, an immediate return for a refund if there is no evidence of a computer error by elimination troubleshooting. Compounding systemic card reading problems by suggesting only one specific card, must be relegated ONLY to used radios, WITH CAUTION, not brand new radios. Consumers should not have to continually buy a new product that fails to work using name brand (any name brand) micro sd cards 32GB and below. When dealing with a new radio purchase, I see far too many posts trying to spend other peoples monies on suggestions that should not be done before simple troubleshooting steps are taken and the computer is eliminated as the cause. IF it applies to a new purchase (not a new-to-you used radio), then everything I posted should be in concrete. The TRX-1 radio has been windows OS designed (From Whistler: SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS: Only for use on Windows Operating Systems ) continually. If not working as expected/designed then a new radio having problems should be first dealt with by a Whistler tech service rep. If not able to fix, a returned product by refund or replacement due to not living up to it's specifications (from wherever the new radio was purchased from) should be the FIRST consideration BEFORE ANY OTHER 'so called' FIX. Thank you for taking the time to digest this post, before replies. :)

Ubbe

I purchased a 32GB SP Elite MicroSDHC UHS-1 Card I formatted both by Windows and EZ Scan
Then you must have done the "Prepare Scanner Memory/SD Card for use" as that are the only type of format that EZ-Scan can do and it should be ok.
then says it not formatted
But then the Prepare command must have came back with an error message and didn't work?
I got EZ Scan to find and copies files but will not recognize them
Sounds like the SD card are still not prepared by EZ-Scan. Can you use the SD card in your computer or using a SD card USB interface instead of the scanner?

When you got the TRX-1 it had a SD card but it wasn't working for you? Then you bought a 128GB SD card that wasn't recognized by the scanner and finally you got those Silicon Power branded SD cards, I've never heard of them, and it's still problems to work with the SD cards?

If you get a $5 SD card interface and program directly in your PC you can and rule out any problems with the scanner, USB cable or any Windows drivers. Amazon.com: eTECH Collection USB 2.0 SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Card Reader/Writer - Support SanDisk Kingston 256GB 128GB 64GB 32GB 16GB SDXC Ultra Extreme SDHC (Card Reader ONLY, No Memory Cards) (Black, 1 Pack) : Electronics

/Ubbe

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
NOT ALL MICRO SD CARD ARE COMPATIBLE with a TRX

No need for 32gb, 8gb is plenty, get a SANDISK 8gb CLASS 4 from amazon for under $7.50 shipped with prime, buy 2 of them and program both so you have a spare. Amazon.com

Ubbe

I bought a Playstation game save SD card that was on sale for something like $2 and works just fine. No one wants those bigger mini sized cards that TRX-2 and Playstation uses.

/Ubbe

Status
Not open for further replies.