Will setting the "Audio Type" make the scanner sound better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tryton

I was looking over my programing and noticed that most of my freq's were set to ALL. If I set them to analog or digital will it make any difference?

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Actually, if you set the channel to Analog for analog channels, the channel will "open" sooner. When set to "ALL" the scanner suppresses audio for about 400 mS while it tries to determine if the signal is P25. If P25 is not detected within this time, it then opens the audio. This prevents you from hearing the data noise during the detection process.

GTO_04

Setting the digital TGs to "digital" on a Motorola Type II 3600 baud mixed (analog/digital) sytem will eliminate the motorboating as well.

GTO_04

box23

Actually, if you set the channel to Analog for analog channels, the channel will "open" sooner. When set to "ALL" the scanner suppresses audio for about 400 mS while it tries to determine if the signal is P25. If P25 is not detected within this time, it then opens the audio. This prevents you from hearing the data noise during the detection process.

Wouldn't this be negated in all modes by setting P25 waiting time to zero?

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Box23: Yes, but you'll hear undecoded digital noise on a lot of your P25 conventional and Motorola channels if you do this.

Tryton: There is no such setting for P25 systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.