Will the BC75 or 125 auto-power-on after power loss?

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlesdotcc

Hi all,
Looking for an cheap analog computer programmable scanner to use for a remotely located RR scanner feed, and I'm thinking about the the BC75 or BC125, but I need to confirm whether or not either of those radios will power on without intervention when power is restored (in the case of a power outage, obviously).

Can anyone tell me if there are no batteries in the unit, and USB power is plugged in, will the unit start up?

Thanks for any help or knowledge!

-Charles

pinballwiz86

Premium Subscriber
On the Uniden BC125AT : YES. It will power back on even without batteries inside when USB power comes back. I just tried it.

charlesdotcc

To anybody looking at this thread in the future - I ended up buying a BC75 and can confirm it auto-powers on as well whenever USB power is plugged in, just like the BC125 as reported by @pinballwiz86 above.

Unfortunately, though, it has a different problem that makes it unsuitable for a remote scanner - when you use the programming software to write to it, it reboots in Manual mode and not Scan. There's no way I can tell to get it back into Scan, because there's no remote control element available as best I can tell (only programming). So once you reprogram it remotely, you're stuck in Manual on the first unlocked channel you have.

pb_lonny

I use Scan125 with my UBC126AT for remote control, nothing like that exists for the BC75XLT?

charlesdotcc

Oh, OK, thanks for pointing that out! No, as far as I can tell, I couldn't find any control software for the BC75 like the one you have for the BC125 after 20 or 30 minutes or so of searching. So it may exist, but I wasn't able to find the right search terms to find it.

But the 125 should work for my application and is only a bit more expensive, so I guess I'll go with it then. Thanks for the reply and info.

charlesdotcc

OK, I was guessing that might be the case (since it's not a DMA scanner(?)), but thanks for the definitive answer on that, then!

I don't know if it was a conscientious design choice or not, but if so, thanks for making these units now auto-power on with external power. I have a older BC246 I would've used, but it requires a power button press to turn it on.

Thanks!

Scan125

BC75XLT protocol does not support key-press emulation.

Hi UPMan

Can I ask you to confirm the above?

Reason I ask is that as Scan125's author I have been asked to support the 75XLT in my Scan12 Control Program.

Thus far I have declined as I do not have a 75XLT to test against.

If the 75 does not support key-press emulation then this would be another reason why support of the 75XLT in Scan 125 would not turn out to be a viable option.

Status
Not open for further replies.