Will the BCD436HP P25 Enc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

al95

Will the bcd436hp be quite while receiving enc. signal in the P25 frequencies conventional and trunking system like the BCD396T does. I using the bcd396t right now to follow the lrgvrrs trunking system it silence the enc. sound it makes. Just wondering if this scanner does the same thing.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

al95

So no enc. sound heard not like the pro-106 makes annoying sound while receiving p25 frequencies in enc. mode.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

JamesO

Need to be careful as I believe there is true Encryption which may have a flag in the data stream and the scanner should not open the squelch, then there is Scrambling which is not Encryption and may not have a specific flag in the data stream and the scanner may open the squelch and you will hear the digital blurps as mentioned.

Scrambling is a much lower level of privacy that usually uses a voice slicing technique and if you listen carefully you can understands parts of the transmission, but it is kind of like "Pig Latin" where the voice is chopped and mixed up. Might sound a bit like SSB when monitored using an AM demodulator.

Scrambling is usually a feature set of some P25 systems and may be at no or little cost and is much easier to manage. It may also allow users to enable Scrambling on an add needed basis when talking peer to peer. So sometimes you may pick up intermittent Scrambling for a single talk group or a specific user group.

Encryption typically is a higher cost option that requires quite a bit of system management and thought to implement. Key management becomes an important issue as well. More often then not there is more money required so you will no usually have systems go to Encryption without a lot of thought both administratively and financially.

signal500

K4DPS
Premium Subscriber

al95

The BCD436HP stays quiet on P25 Phase I encryption, but I have found that is doesn't mute P25 Phase II encryption.

Here is a video on what it sounds like:

Uniden Bearcat BCD536HP/BCD436HP P25 Phase II (with encryption) - YouTube

Thanks for the video clip link. I believe it is full encryption it does not sound like that in my pro-106 and my BCD396T blocks the sound and in small letters reads ENC.

Thanks to Everybody that responde to my concern. Will Be buying the BCD436HP soon :) Once again Thank-You

phyberoptics

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_0_4 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) CriOS/32.0.1700.21 Mobile/11B554a Safari/9537.53)

It is absolutely silent.

Status
Not open for further replies.