SDS100/SDS200: Will the Close Call on my SDS100 detect DMR / Mototurbo?

PCTEK

Premium Subscriber
I have an SDS100 with all 3 optional protocols installed. I listed to frequencies (486.xxxxx) and only heard what sounds like digital trunking, possibly DMR or Mototurbo. If I set my SDS100 to close call, will it pickup the digital transmissions? Will close call show me the DMR color codes and time slice info?

Thank you
Steve

N6JPA

A Ham Radio Operator With too much frequency.
Close call only works with FM analog signals. So if the digital voice signal uses AFSK over FM then CC will pick it up.

Ubbe

I have an SDS100 with all 3 optional protocols installed. I listed to frequencies (486.xxxxx) and only heard what sounds like digital trunking, possibly DMR or Mototurbo. If I set my SDS100 to close call, will it pickup the digital transmissions? Will close call show me the DMR color codes and time slice info?

Thank you
Steve
It will do CloseCall from continuous transmissions like a repeater but not mobiles that only transmit half of the time in one timeslot if it's DMR.

It will be easier to decode in normal mode, do Channel+frequency+Channel and it will switch from analog to digital if it can decode the signal.
SDS scanners has a huge amount of false signals due to internal mixing products and those will be too distorted to be decoded. If it is the "real" frequency from the transmitter that you hear it will successfully decode it. You can check if it is the true signal if you still hear it when you enable IFX, Function+7, and change the filter setting in Srch/CloCall Opt between Normal and Invert.

/Ubbe