Will this 800mhz Cellular Base Antenna work inside the house?

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewccm

Premium Subscriber
Well I posted a couple of snapshots in the Shack forum. Nothing of the attic yet...

Most definitely better than the stock antenna.... I tuned up the far NE Dallas 800 Trunk (Deployment) and used the signal strength meter within my PC app to monitor the effects of the rotation. After rotating 1 degree at a time (using rotator), I fine tuned it's placement. I went from 0 bars (ie, less than 25% strength) to 4 bars.... With that same placement, I am picking up all other 800Mhz channels that I did with the stock antenna. My signal strength on some towers opposite the direction of rotation are still coming in, but are less than with the RS800 rubber duck. I am picking up P25 digital fine from both digital systems here in the D/FW area and able to pull in Denton and Collin counties which are 50+ miles away....Somewhat fuzzy, but...I could not pull those in at all prior.

I am still experimenting with a Channel Master +13db amp and the Yagi... Seems to be working well without overloading my 396T. I have LMR400 run from the Yagi btw..

Hope this helps!

andrewccm

Premium Subscriber
No I didn't. Does not work through walls as it's infrared. I didn't see any need for RF since my cable is run to one specific location. I am typically sitting within arms length of the controller, but having the remote is somewhat nice (albeit, infrared). Now I only have 7 remotes up here.. LOL Time for another universal remote I think..

Last edited:

andrewccm

Premium Subscriber
Yep.. That's it... If you look at the pics of my shack.. the little box that has 274 on it is the receiver. Simple 3 conductor wire is used to connect.

Status
Not open for further replies.