Will this bracket fit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JG4524

Will this bracket fit the SDS200?. I am looking to make a mobile mount for the SDS200 and don't want to sacrifice the bracket that came with it. This would allow me to have the scanner in the car when traveling and home when not traveling. Thanks in advance of your replies.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I was thinking the SDS200 is 3" high versus the 2.2" for the 536. So using a 536 bracket might be a problem.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I was thinking the SDS200 is 3" high versus the 2.2" for the 536. So using a 536 bracket might be a problem.
Comparing my 536HP and SDS200 side by side, it appears it will fit, though you might not have as much "wiggle room" for tilting the scanner up and down.

JG4524

That may be a problem or may not be. When I do get the bracket I will determine if that will be a problem or not. I have plans to add an amplified external speaker so the sound would not be a problem but I can see the display being a problem if I cant tilt the scanner up on an angle. The plan I have will also enable me to use the scanner at a camp site as it will be self contained and just need a 12v DC source and will also be able to power other 12v dc equipment. When I get it done I will post pics. Right now it is just in the planning stage

JG4524

Well the bracket arrived today and it is the same exact bracket as the SDS200. You would think that the Bearcat Warehuse website would mention that information but the SDS200 is not listed as one of the models the bracket fits.

Status
Not open for further replies.