• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Will this radio work to monitor rebanded 800??

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Thanks for taking the time to read this and hopefully it is in the right section.

Will the
Motorola MCS2000 II Frequency 806-870 Model:l M01UGM6PW6BN radios work to monitor a rebanded 800?
I am trying to listen to Bellaire, TX found on Texas Wide Area Radio Network (TxWARN) Motorola Trunking System, Metro Houston area, Texas - Scanner Frequencies

I really do appreciate all your help

It depends on what flash it has. We had a bunch of MCS-2000's on our SmartNet system and there were re-flashed to support rebanding. I have them at work still, so I could look next time I get a chance.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
OK, checking the ones at work didn't help, I ran the flash code and it still comes up as just SmartNet.
I the way to do it is:
See if there is a flashcode sticker added to the bottom that shows it was updated sometime around the late 2000's time range. Ours were done in 2008 before we rebanded.
or,
Check the serial number and run it against one of the tools avialble on the web that will tell you when your radio was built. Again, look for the late 2000's time frame.

Or, plug it into CPS and read it.
On the trunking system personality pages, specifically on the failsoft tab, there should be two columns, one for pre-rebanded frequencies, one for post rebanded frequencies.

N4KVE

Forget the flashcode. You want to see what the current firmware is. Should be RO7.73.00. Turn radio on, wait a second until ch name shows, then press the mon button 5 times quickly. This will show the flashcode & firmware.

Last edited:

KevinC

The big K
Super Moderator

RKG

Motorola has published a "Programmer's Guide to Rebanding" (or something close to that), which explains for a number of different subscriber types how to tell by reading the radio whether it is able to handle the rebanding channel table. I believe this to be in the public domain and available on the web. I don't have a URL.

Edit: Actually, I do: http://www.motorola.com/web/Busines...ng_Subscriber_Programming_Guidelines_V1_1.pdf

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.