Will UNIDEN trade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Just curious - Will Uniden trade the 536 for a HP1 for those of us just frustrated with the 536 and don't really have a need for Apco Phase-II?

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I guess the bigger question is why are your frustrated with the 536 and how would the HP1 deal with those frustrations?

Perhaps there are ways of getting you more satisfied with the 536.

While I do not have the HP1, so I can't make a fair comparison, my gut feeling is that the 536 has to be better as it has addressed some issues found in previous scanners.

SCPD

QRT
As I understand it, the x36 scanners use an emulated phase-II vocoder. A True phase-II vocoder would be too expensive to build to a scanner currently. My suspicion is that the goofy audio glitches I get on my 536 are a direct result of the emulated phase-II vocoder. (maybe i'm wrong too) Whereas the HP1 and 996XT have stable vocoders and no audio issues and can run on standard amplified speakers and normal stereo cables from the radio to PC which are not supposed to be used on the 536.

bottom line for me is that I can't use the 536 to stream the live feed, can't use it in the car due to the issues around the the cable, in the area I live in all we have is P25 phase-I digital conventional - no Trunked systems. Its not a practical scanner for the house and has too many limitations for the car. An HP1 or 996XT would serve me better.

kb8rvp

BCD536HP Will UNIDEN trade?

That's crazy I put my BCD536HP in the car the day I got it and it's been working great on phase 1 800MHz digital system in Michigan with no issues. I also use it on analog and I took it to Warren Ohio in the car for a couple of weeks on a work trip and it works perfect. Sorry to hear you're having issues. I think you said issues with the cable in the car what were you talking about?

Mike

JamesO

The external speaker/streaming issues can be addressed with a simple $15 ground loop isolator.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

maalox

i trade you a 396xt and a 346xt or a 330 icom r6. lol that would be a good deal

2006walt

Premium Subscriber
MaxTracker, I have a mint HP1. Hardly used. I would be interested in a possible trade. If interested let me know your email. I need Phase II in Virginia.

Status
Not open for further replies.