SDS100/SDS200: Will we ever get the Emergency Button feature on P25?

IStebleton

Premium Subscriber
Will the SDS series ever get the feature that alerts us if someone hits their emergency button? I believe it was a feature on other system types.

ka3aaa

Premium Subscriber
what is the exact for it on a scanner, you wont be able to do about it and todays scanners are complicated enough as it is

wtp

from the 396T manual,
Setting Emergency Alert (Motorola and EDACS Systems Only) J
Program System
Select the system
Edit Sys Option
Emergency Alert
Off - the scanner does not alert you to emergency transmissions.
Alert 1 - 9 the scanner sounds an alert beep to notify you of the emergency transmission. You can choose any of 9 different beep types

and it is mentioned in the sds100 manual
Emergency Alert Sets the alert sound and alert indicator when the scanner receives an emergency status from the system.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I believe on the SDS series you don't get the Emergency Alert on P25 Phase 1 systems.
Correct.

If you search the key word 'emergency' in the online Easier to Read Manual for the SDS scanners, it's noted there that this feature is for Motorola & EDACS systems only.
1669161474415.png

P25 systems are not mentioned as having the option.

Interestingly, though, looking at a couple of my local systems (one DMR, the other NXDN), Sentinel shows the option for enabling emergency alerts for them. I have not tried that feature out.
1669161823239.png

Reactions: wtp

WB5UOM

Premium Subscriber
I might be wrong - maybe a system operator will chime in - but I think on a Motorola P25 system- emergency alerts can be told to go to all radios or only to consoles...here its only to consoles...so dont know that the scanner would get it.
At least thats what I got back after inquiring about getting the alerts for a TG to a control station linked console

monitor142

You are correct, fielded subscribers can be programmed via CPS (in Motorola's case) to alert on an emergency button activation. I have mine programmed for it along with our 4 operator positions, but everyone else has it turned off. It can be emergency alarm (trigger) and emergency call (TX while in emergency mode).

I might be wrong - maybe a system operator will chime in - but I think on a Motorola P25 system- emergency alerts can be told to go to all radios or only to consoles...here its only to consoles...so dont know that the scanner would get it.
At least thats what I got back after inquiring about getting the alerts for a TG to a control station linked console