Will we ever have RECORDING by Channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

fdnyfish

Feed Provider
Whistler does a great job with this, anyone know if this is a feature that Uniden might try again?

I scan numerous channels, but only interested to record a few of them.

by the time I hold on a channel and hit record, the transmissions are over.

This seems like a logical feature.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
This would be a nice feature and I too would like to see it. I suspect it might be difficult to provide.

A lot of new features, particularly the full database, have been added to the x36 line of scanners. I don't see getting access to the full database to set specific channels. Even if there was, every update would wipe out channels marked for recording.

Then there would almost have to be 3 options: Record Nothing, Record Everything and Record Selected. Some folks may want to record everything and a channel by channel selection would be time consuming to set, thus record channel by channel may be disadvantageous to them.

pb_lonny

I would love to be able to flag some channels as "always record". At the moment I have a separate system called "Logging System" which I use with recording mode those times I am not listening, this is how I ID those unknown / little use frequencies.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I think you can do that using ProScan or ARC-XT software.

It is scanner model dependent. The scanner would have have a "Record" parameter for the channel. The x96 scanners have that, but the newer line, the x36's do not. (And I think the OP is refering to the x36 scanner models).

fdnyfish

Feed Provider
I was referring to the X36 models.

This is not something to do on the fly, but setting it up in Sentinel would be easy if the option was there.

papa_p

Whistler does a great job with this, anyone know if this is a feature that Uniden might try again?

I scan numerous channels, but only interested to record a few of them.

by the time I hold on a channel and hit record, the transmissions are over.

This seems like a logical feature.

Maybe this is a copyright issue that Whistler owns the rights to.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Maybe this is a copyright issue that Whistler owns the rights to.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That's possible. I believe that Uniden owns, or at least has exclusive rights to use the patent for GPS location updating, and that's why you don't see it on the Whistler scanners, nor on the previous GRE versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.